Thank God for NFL Netword

nfoligno

Watching ESPN is killing me because all they have it seems is Dilnut, who over and over again says Denver is coming out of this way ahead. What do you expect though from an average QB who feels having a top tier QB isn't that big of a deal.

Switched over to NFL Network, and they "get it".

Their focus is on how starved Chicago is for a legit QB. They know the importance of a QB. While they realize Chicago gave up a lot, they also are talking about how the Bears still have their 2nd and a 3rd (which I have yet to hear ESPN even mention). They talk about how Chicago was on the verge of the playoffs, and this is the sort of move thatt can put them over the top. Further, they talk about how the D has not been good, but have talked about the coaching changes and how that can affect the D.

It just seems to me that ESPN is looking at this in a very superficial way, while NFL is actually getting more in depth.

I know that isn't a surprise to most, but I am surprised ESPN is putting out there such a limited amount of opinions.

Watching ESPN is killing me because all they have it seems is Dilnut, who over and over again says Denver is coming out of this way ahead. What do you expect though from an average QB who feels having a top tier QB isn't that big of a deal.

Their focus is on how starved Chicago is for a legit QB. They know the importance of a QB. While they realize Chicago gave up a lot, they also are talking about how the Bears still have their 2nd and a 3rd (which I have yet to hear ESPN even mention). They talk about how Chicago was on the verge of the playoffs, and this is the sort of move thatt can put them over the top. Further, they talk about how the D has not been good, but have talked about the coaching changes and how that can affect the D.

It just seems to me that ESPN is looking at this in a very superficial way, while NFL is actually getting more in depth.

I know that isn't a surprise to most, but I am surprised ESPN is putting out there such a limited amount of opinions.

ESPN uses people like Steve Phillips and Mark Schlereth as people with insight....that is the problem right there

Well Shelrath doesn't like the guy cause he is not Elway.

But I watched NFL Network too last night and they had good analysis of this.

The thing is, even if you are someone like me who was questioning getting Cutler, you have to be excited about such a bold move. I have total respect for JA for taking us out of limbo, giving us a vision, and laying all the cards on the table.

Now we know its Cutler or bust. If it doesn't work out, JA, Lovie, the whole defensive crew (Url, Tillman, Wale, etc.) will probably be gone and we will have a totally new organization . If it does work out, we have our Farve for the next decade. We as fans must get behind Jay Cuts, endure some of the gunslinger types negatives (mutiple pick games, etc, rejoice in the gunslinger highs (4 or 5 TD games), and have a great time watching the show.

As far as the deal goes, I really dont think JA gave a crap about the first rounders. He subscribes to the Mel Kiper Jr theory that you can get 1st round talent later for a fraction of the price, and to be honest, I would rather him trade out of the first round every year anyway. JA is not scared to try to get a value in the later rounds and he is not afraid to cut his losses when it doesn't work out (Baziun, Rosey Williams, etc) . His success rate in teh first round is dismal, so really the Broncos did him a favor. The part that I am surprised at is the third rounder. Those are gold to JA, so it must have been tough to give up.

At any rate, I am super excited to see if we can find more gems in the draft, and I can't wait until preseason.

ESPN uses people like Steve Phillips and Mark Schlereth as people with insight....that is the problem right there

I honestly stopped watching ESPN for NFL news over a year ago. I live/breath the NFL Network. The commentary, insight and perspectives are much more thorough, detailed and accurate. I see NFL Network as the place to go for gurus/fanatics who have a passion for football and ESPN for the casual football fan who may like other sports better and only want a "top-level" or superficial understanding of what's going on in the NFL.

I think that if it was Washington that gave up 2 firsts, a third, and and Campbell for him, then we would all be here laughing at them and saying they over paid.

The deal is good to Bears fans because of deprevity at the position for years. The excitement is understandable and even more so this far into the offseason after it was so boring before.

Personally, I'm neutral on the whole thing. I'm neither excited or mad about it. I've screamed louder then anyone for the Bears to do the right thing and get a QB over the years. The thing is, I thought they had found that last year. He was coming into his own early in the season and earning the teams respect after the injury. He was doing it with a bad line and wr's that dropped about everything. He wasn't really the problem and outside of Forte, one of the highlights last year.

For the last few years, fans had been screaming for either the guy that was a gunslinger (grossman) or a guy who can manage a game (orton). I think Orton can do more then manage, but you get the gist. As fans we'll get both of those things in Cutler. It's just seems like a lot of payment to me, and hard seeing a player go that I was starting to like alot out of no where I guess.

I could see the deal seeming one sided from fans of teams that aren't the Bears. Only a true Bears fan can understand the magnitude of what the Bears received in the deal to them like ice water in hell vs. at a resteraunt. If I'm in hell, you better bet I want an Ice water, but if I'm at a resteraunt, get rid of that ice water and give me a damn beer.

Agreed!!!! I can't stomach ESPN...

I honestly stopped watching ESPN for NFL news over a year ago. I live/breath the NFL Network. The commentary, insight and perspectives are much more thorough, detailed and accurate. I see NFL Network as the place to go for gurus/fanatics who have a passion for football and ESPN for the casual football fan who may like other sports better and only want a "top-level" or superficial understanding of what's going on in the NFL.