Torry Holt

DABEARSDABOMB

Per Rotoworld

Torry Holt's agent said he "doesn't see" the free agent wide receiver seriously considering the Bears.

"We have several other teams that are interested," Kennard McGuire said. "Torry has a process and he is going through that process. We will [have another visit] it is just a matter of time." Holt would make sense for Chicago, but it doesn't sound like he's interested.

This is as of 20 minutes ago so I believe this is a quote after Cutler and Pace joined the Bears. Still, I think Holt or Matt Jones would make tremendous sense and would allow the Bears to go with 3 WR's and Davis as a 4th and whomever as the 5th (Lloyd or someone that could contribute on special teams like Riddeau?) and would allow the Bears to take a high upside project at De in the 2nd round (a guy that has the tools to get to the QB) or to fill our need at the safety position or if a good tackle or guard prospect fell we could tab them and let them develop.

If the Bears ignored the character issues with Jones or talked to him and decided he had changed, could you imagine the red zone weapons Cutler would have. Jones and Olsen would be unstoppable big targets that would be tough coverages in the red zone and than you have Forte who is another tremendous weapon with his ability to run and catch out of the backfield. That would be downright disgusting, imo.

Chicago Bears better act quickly if Torry Holt is on radar

By Vaughn McClure

We saw a boldness never expected from Bears upper management after it pulled off the Jay Cutler trade on Thursday. Not to mention the organization added veteran tackle Orlando Pace to protect Cutler.

Now Cutler just needs another target other than Devin Hester. Veteran Torry Holt, Pace's teammate with the St. Louis Rams, is a free agent. But maybe not for long.

Holt had a good visit with the Titans, according to reports out of Nashville. Holt also visited Jacksonville and could be mulling over the two teams.

But the Bears could always step into the picture last minute, as they appear to do with Cutler and Pace. Washington was supposed to be the front-runner for Cutler before the Bears pulled it off. Baltimore was making a push for Pace before the Bears altered the plans.

Holt, who turns 33 in June, has 869 career catches for 12,660 yards and 74 touchdowns. The Bears signed aging veteran Marty Booker last season and gave him an opportunity to play. Booker was released, and Holt would be an upgrade.

By the way, Holt and Pace have the same agent, Kennard McGuire.

He may have priced himself outside of the Bears range. He is also looking for a long contract. So it may be in the Bears best interest to pass on him.

I'd go five years but as long as the contract is written so that anything after the 3rd year can be written off with relative ease. To me a deal which effectively guarantees him about three years time in Chicago would be one beneficial to both sides and if the deal ends up being longer the Bears and Holt can than decide to renegotiate or do something from there. I think its relatively reasonable to believe that Holt has probably 3 more 800+ yard seasons in him.

I'd go five years but as long as the contract is written so that anything after the 3rd year can be written off with relative ease. To me a deal which effectively guarantees him about three years time in Chicago would be one beneficial to both sides and if the deal ends up being longer the Bears and Holt can than decide to renegotiate or do something from there. I think its relatively reasonable to believe that Holt has probably 3 more 800+ yard seasons in him.

If Holt would sign for that I think the Bears would be crazy not to do it. They ought to have the money to outbid most teams anyway. Right now it just seems like there's something on both sides other than simply those issues standing in the way.

If Holt would sign for that I think the Bears would be crazy not to do it. They ought to have the money to outbid most teams anyway. Right now it just seems like there's something on both sides other than simply those issues standing in the way.

The question is why not if your Holt. You know you don't have any major competition so you could revive your career, you know you have a great Qb, and a great RB, and you will have some people familiar with you (Pace/Lovie). I'm thinking Holt doesn't want to play for a cold weather team and feels that overall for his career there might be better places for him to play and produce. That or he has some pretty fat offers (similar to what Housh got and that would surprise me) out there and the Bears aren't going to do that. If the Bears are going to give big money to a WR, than it should be Plaxico.