Percy Harvin and Derrick Williams

dawhizz

Two receivers I haven't heard anyone really talk about as possibilities for the Bears, which would seem to be for good reason as they share a lot of similarities to Devin Hester (at least in theory). But let's say the top receivers are gone by our second round pick (Crab, Maclin, DHB, Nicks, Britt, Robiskie), and Harvin has somehow falled and Williams is on the board. Should the Bears consider taking either of them (as talent-wise they would be considered good value) or do you pass because they seem too redundant? I've seen a bit of each, but I honestly haven't looked at them very much. I'm not even sure what kind of receiver they both are after watching their highlights on YouTube (lots of returns/reverses/direct snaps/handoffs). Anyone have thoughts on either?

Two receivers I haven't heard anyone really talk about as possibilities for the Bears, which would seem to be for good reason as they share a lot of similarities to Devin Hester (at least in theory). But let's say the top receivers are gone by our second round pick (Crab, Maclin, DHB, Nicks, Britt, Robiskie), and Harvin has somehow falled and Williams is on the board. Should the Bears consider taking either of them (as talent-wise they would be considered good value) or do you pass because they seem too redundant? I've seen a bit of each, but I honestly haven't looked at them very much. I'm not even sure what kind of receiver they both are after watching their highlights on YouTube (lots of returns/reverses/direct snaps/handoffs). Anyone have thoughts on either?

If Harvin falls to us then it will be a insanly good value pick and we would have to take him there.

Dont count on it though.

To be quite honest, I don't even think there is a comparison between Harvin and Robiskie. If Harvin is there, and the Bears want a WR, then they have to take Harvin. The guy is absolute lightning in a bottle. He has the potential to be to WRs what Adrian Peterson (Vikings) is to RBs. Every single play is a potential TD. His hands are pretty good, and I wouldn't have a problem with playing along with Hester and Bennett. That would be insane speed.

While I'm not a Harvin fan based on what we need, if he's there for our 2nd Rd pick take him. I think it's fair to say you can never have too many playmakers and this guy is definitely one of those. We'll have to fill the need for a bigger possession WR later in the draft or next year. For now we'll be relying on Olsen to fill that role.

While I'm not a Harvin fan based on what we need, if he's there for our 2nd Rd pick take him. I think it's fair to say you can never have too many playmakers and this guy is definitely one of those. We'll have to fill the need for a bigger possession WR later in the draft or next year. For now we'll be relying on Olsen to fill that role.

Harvin would be good but I agree that we need a bigger, fast possession WR

To be quite honest, I don't even think there is a comparison between Harvin and Robiskie. If Harvin is there, and the Bears want a WR, then they have to take Harvin. The guy is absolute lightning in a bottle. He has the potential to be to WRs what Adrian Peterson (Vikings) is to RBs. Every single play is a potential TD. His hands are pretty good, and I wouldn't have a problem with playing along with Hester and Bennett. That would be insane speed.

Exactly.

They say he is uncoachable but that I can't believe. Last year in the NCAA title game, he was ridiculous on a sprained foot. He is a gamer with awesome speed. Like you said, he could be an AD type player, or even a Hester type player when he was still a KR/PR.

Exactly.

They say he is uncoachable but that I can't believe. Last year in the NCAA title game, he was ridiculous on a sprained foot. He is a gamer with awesome speed. Like you said, he could be an AD type player, or even a Hester type player when he was still a KR/PR.

Harvin, Hester and Bennett = field day for Cutler.

Don't worry, Hester is exactly why Harvin won't be around when we pick. Some team out there is going to want a guy like him (Hester) on their roster and they'll choose him before we see him. Harvin was more accomplished in college than Hester too so that should help his cause.

A report today says that Harvin could fall into the 3rd. He failed a marijuana test at the combine, and while others did, his "guys" aren't denying it.

That's possible, but teams will overlook that sort of thing to a point. For what it's worth, nfldraftcountdown has Harvin going #17, PFT #26, and Kiper has him going #30. Everyone agrees that he has the ability to be an explosive "game-changer."

I'd be shocked as hell if he's still there at #49, but you never know. No way he lasts until round 3.