Philosophy change

AZ54

In reading today's articles about JA's interview it seems he's changing his strategy a bit from what he's done in years past. Recently we've taken players who fell a bit due to injury. Of course everyone knows what happened with Williams last year. In the past we've taken Bazuin who I believe had a bit of an injury pre-draft that was aggravated in camp. Of course we took Harrison in Rd 3 and Bowman in Rd 5 who both fell due to injury concerns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/04/an...ss_2009_nf.html

"Angelo on drafting players with medical concerns after the Chris Williams experience:

JA: "Last year we made a conscious decision, we talked about it as an organization, we're going to be more disciplined in our approach to taking players with medical concerns. We hve to do a good job of being more disciplined because we have had some issues."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears this year he's going to give more credence to medical flags and push those guys lower on the board. Reading the tea leaves a bit I also think he's going back the film more to evaluate players versus the combine numbers:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JA: "It's a good nucleus of trait guys. I think it's a stronger group than in past years. You are really looking at the traits, the ceiling. If you're totally relying on the stop watch, that could be a misnomer. I only have to look at my bone collection to see that isn't an easy thing to do."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We only need to look at his boneyard of athletes in Mark Bradley (also fits injury category), Danieal Manning (you don't draft a nickel back in Rd 2), and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting to see that hasn't panned out very well. I'm not saying we won't take these type of players but it appears we're less likely to gamble early on them. I think that's a good thing. I have no problem taking a guy like Bowman in Rd 5. Just stay away from the Mark Bradley's in Rd 2.

I really have to disagree with you on multiple areas.

#1--I don't believe what JA is saying here: If I remember correctly, a few years ago Angelo talked about drafting "High character players" and then he drafted Dvoracek, who got drunk and beat his friend into a coma. This just seems like a bunch of hot air. Kind of like saying, "We'll take the best player available" and you damn well know "The best player available" will happen to be a WR. With the injuries, JA is just saying he's doing his homework.

#2--Bad player examples: Chris Williams, in 4 years of college, missed one day of practice and zero games. He returned to the Bears by mid-season. Are you saying we wouldn't have drafted him due to injury concerns?

Harrison & Bowman both look like very nice picks.

Bazuin was a terrible pick. Injury had nothing to do with that.

D Manning's never hurt, he started tons of games at FS, he looked great at nickel and was the #1 punt return man in the NFL. Solid pick.

Mark Bradley: I'll give you that. But that's one example.

#3--You're saying it's ok to draft a health risk in round 3 (Harrison) and round #5 (Bowman) but not in round #2 (Bradley)? So you're saying Angelo should be careful with that one 2nd round pick we have?

Sorry to be so damn argumentative, but NFO hasn't been around much lately so I figured someone had to pick up the slack :)

In reading today's articles about JA's interview it seems he's changing his strategy a bit from what he's done in years past. Recently we've taken players who fell a bit due to injury. Of course everyone knows what happened with Williams last year. In the past we've taken Bazuin who I believe had a bit of an injury pre-draft that was aggravated in camp. Of course we took Harrison in Rd 3 and Bowman in Rd 5 who both fell due to injury concerns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/04/an...ss_2009_nf.html

"Angelo on drafting players with medical concerns after the Chris Williams experience:

JA: "Last year we made a conscious decision, we talked about it as an organization, we're going to be more disciplined in our approach to taking players with medical concerns. We hve to do a good job of being more disciplined because we have had some issues."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears this year he's going to give more credence to medical flags and push those guys lower on the board. Reading the tea leaves a bit I also think he's going back the film more to evaluate players versus the combine numbers:

JA: "It's a good nucleus of trait guys. I think it's a stronger group than in past years. You are really looking at the traits, the ceiling. If you're totally relying on the stop watch, that could be a misnomer. I only have to look at my bone collection to see that isn't an easy thing to do."

We only need to look at his boneyard of athletes in Mark Bradley (also fits injury category), Danieal Manning (you don't draft a nickel back in Rd 2), and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting to see that hasn't panned out very well. I'm not saying we won't take these type of players but it appears we're less likely to gamble early on them. I think that's a good thing. I have no problem taking a guy like Bowman in Rd 5. Just stay away from the Mark Bradley's in Rd 2.

No way am I going to give you a Nfol argument, mine have to been less than 5000 words. :)

I say he wouldn't make the same choice of Williams in the 1st Rd if he was able to do last years draft over again. I don't see where I said Chris Williams was a bad player just that he was flagged with an injury concern and we still selected him early and then paid for that mistake. That mistake alone might have kept us from making the playoffs last year because there were a couple rookie RTs who would have helped us much more than Tait did.

I didn't say Harrison wasn't a good pick in Rd 3, just said he had injury concerns. I think we took him at the right spot. I feel the same with Bowman. Later rounds are where it's better to take a chance on a guy especially if you are not drafting a guy who has blue chip talent. Blue chip talent tends to make the decision much more difficult so those guys might only drop to late first round early second.

DManning was drafted solely on his athleticism. He was a bad pick because he was chosen to be our starting FS and never panned out there. We spent 3 seasons moving him all over the place hoping he'd play well somewhere. Late last year he started to settle into the nickel position. That's a part time role but not what you typically expect out of a 2nd Rd pick. His KR ability was a nice bonus late last year but for a 2nd Rd pick he has not lived up to expectations yet.

Bazuin. I don't think his skills ever fit our system so I agree, bad pick. I still think he'll end having a decent career in the right system if his knee recovers, similar to how Kyle Vandenbosch resurrected his career after he suffered a bad knee injury while with Cardinals.

I think he's going to give more weight to injury history than he has in recent drafts and that may alter where we go in Rd 1/2. You think he's blowing smoke. I think he'll add more weight on the "football player" versus the athletic ability. In the end, he can't dismiss either category he'll just change the weighting system a bit and instead of Chris Williams we end up with Jeff Otah.

#1--I don't believe what JA is saying here: If I remember correctly, a few years ago Angelo talked about drafting "High character players" and then he drafted Dvoracek, who got drunk and beat his friend into a coma. This just seems like a bunch of hot air. Kind of like saying, "We'll take the best player available" and you damn well know "The best player available" will happen to be a WR. With the injuries, JA is just saying he's doing his homework.

Something that stands out to me though is, Angelo dang near seems to be admitting past mistakes. That is unusual, and far beyond the typical GM hot air we most often hear this time of year.

#2--Bad player examples: Chris Williams, in 4 years of college, missed one day of practice and zero games. He returned to the Bears by mid-season. Are you saying we wouldn't have drafted him due to injury concerns?

He may not have missed games in college, but before the draft, there were tons of rumors that doctors round problems prior to the draft, leading numerour teams who were high on him to drop him down, or off, their board. And then he is injured. Sorry, but how is this not a good example?

Harrison & Bowman both look like very nice picks.

Um, why does Bowman look like a "very nice" pick? He was an injury risk who went down for the season in his first game. As for Harrison, I think it a tad early to say "very nice" pick. While I have hope as well, I would point out he did exactly light a fire last year. Similar to the situation for Bennett at WR, the opportunity was wide open and there for Harrison to take, but he wasn't able to do so. He was a nice player last year, but sure didn't seem (IMHO) to live up to the hopes of those who were talking about how this 1st round talent fell to the 3rd due to character issues.

Didn't he go on IR in his rookie camp?

D Manning's never hurt, he started tons of games at FS, he looked great at nickel and was the #1 punt return man in the NFL. Solid pick.

Solid pick? Sorry, no way. Who cares if he started tons of games at FS. He sucked. Davis started a bunch of games at WR. Does that mean he is better than we make out? DM did look good as a nickel, but teams are not usually looking to draft nickel DBs w/ their high 2nd round picks, especially when you consider that was the player we were supposedly targetting when we traded out of the 1st round. I would say that this past season made him look better, but would not say he would represent a "good pick".

Mark Bradley: I'll give you that. But that's one example.

#3--You're saying it's ok to draft a health risk in round 3 (Harrison) and round #5 (Bowman) but not in round #2 (Bradley)? So you're saying Angelo should be careful with that one 2nd round pick we have?

Yes. The later the pick, the more risk you can take. The 2nd round is a bit high to take high risk in the 1st place, but when your 2nd round pick is also your 1st pick in the draft, I would argue that is even more true. As the draft goes along, you can take more risks, but in the 1st and 2nd rounds (1st day of the draft) I think the flags have to be weighed heavier.

Sorry to be so damn argumentative, but NFO hasn't been around much lately so I figured someone had to pick up the slack :)

I've been around, just not as much time to reply.

Two things.

One. Wasn't the flag raised on Harrison character? I thought it was his character concerns which dropped him (supposedly) from 1st round to the 3rd.

Two. By and large, I agree, and therefor, no worries about a 5,000 word post :) I have said for some time that we placed too much value on athletes over football players. Everyone always says you can't teach speed, but I would counter that w/, you can't teach instinct. If it were so easy, we would see far more track stars playing football, but that just isn't reality. I would also agree we have often taken players w/ red flags in terms of injury and character, and too often those picks have blown up in our faces.

Thus, I like the idea that we are going to place more emphasis on getting solid character, injury free "football players" this year.

No way am I going to give you a Nfol argument, mine have to been less than 5000 words. :)

I say he wouldn't make the same choice of Williams in the 1st Rd if he was able to do last years draft over again. I don't see where I said Chris Williams was a bad player just that he was flagged with an injury concern and we still selected him early and then paid for that mistake. That mistake alone might have kept us from making the playoffs last year because there were a couple rookie RTs who would have helped us much more than Tait did.

I didn't say Harrison wasn't a good pick in Rd 3, just said he had injury concerns. I think we took him at the right spot. I feel the same with Bowman. Later rounds are where it's better to take a chance on a guy especially if you are not drafting a guy who has blue chip talent. Blue chip talent tends to make the decision much more difficult so those guys might only drop to late first round early second.

DManning was drafted solely on his athleticism. He was a bad pick because he was chosen to be our starting FS and never panned out there. We spent 3 seasons moving him all over the place hoping he'd play well somewhere. Late last year he started to settle into the nickel position. That's a part time role but not what you typically expect out of a 2nd Rd pick. His KR ability was a nice bonus late last year but for a 2nd Rd pick he has not lived up to expectations yet.

Bazuin. I don't think his skills ever fit our system so I agree, bad pick. I still think he'll end having a decent career in the right system if his knee recovers, similar to how Kyle Vandenbosch resurrected his career after he suffered a bad knee injury while with Cardinals.

I think he's going to give more weight to injury history than he has in recent drafts and that may alter where we go in Rd 1/2. You think he's blowing smoke. I think he'll add more weight on the "football player" versus the athletic ability. In the end, he can't dismiss either category he'll just change the weighting system a bit and instead of Chris Williams we end up with Jeff Otah.

That really isn't totally fair, the Bears are well known for using the IR list as a way to basically redshirt a rookie that they're not planning on giving a lot of playing time to, such that they can free up the roster spot without losing the draftee.

I joke about that too, but I think that is more a fan fantasy on this board than reality, and has actually been talked about in the media and by Angelo himself.

In reality, it is not as easy as all that to IR a player. Even if you get "team" doctors to write the report, the player has to go along w/ it, otherwise they could file a grievance. As that player loses a year of eligability, I am not sure you can count on such. Maybe its one thing when talking about a 7th round pick who has no options, but a 2nd or 3rd round pick that goes on the IR, well, I think there is more of an injury there than fans want to believe.

That really isn't totally fair, the Bears are well known for using the IR list as a way to basically redshirt a rookie that they're not planning on giving a lot of playing time to, such that they can free up the roster spot without losing the draftee.

I wish Angelo would have done all the things he says he's going to do during his whole tenure. He says he's only going after high-character guys--but why start now? Why not always do that?

Further, why wait until you're 29th draft (Angelo said he's been part of 29 drafts yesterday) to decide you're going to have to look more at injury concerns?

I don't think Angelo is terrible, but I think he should do a far better job of drafting given his experience and training as a scout. Particularly for a guy who puts an emphasis on "high floor" guys, he has a way too high strikeout rate with first round picks. If you are only trying to draft guys who, while they won't be spectacular, won't suck, shouldn't you have one of the lowest bust rates in the NFL? You might not have a team full of superstars, but you shouldn't have many busts.

But Angelo has almost as many busts as Millen in the early rounds (I posted a study about this at WCG--Angelo is as bad as Millen at picking first rounders, is pretty good at the 2-4th round picks, and sucks again at late rounders (though everyone sucks at those). He must have some kind of McCaskey kryptonite or something, because if anyone else in another industry blew as many tens of millions of dollars as he has, they would've been fired years ago.

I really feel like his ego gets in the way of him making good decisions in the draft. He seems so smug and arrogant when defending his high-round picks, then a couple years later realizes what all of us knew at the time--that it was a bad pick. It's like he is trying to hard to be smarter than everyone else or something.

Something that stands out to me though is, Angelo dang near seems to be admitting past mistakes. That is unusual, and far beyond the typical GM hot air we most often hear this time of year.

As of late, Angelo has seemed to be secure enough in his position to admit these mistakes. I got his autograph at training camp last summer, and I was surprised at how frail he looks in person (although he was riding a bike). I wonder if he's gotten to the point in his career where he can just skip a lot of the bullshit.

He may not have missed games in college, but before the draft, there were tons of rumors that doctors round problems prior to the draft, leading numerour teams who were high on him to drop him down, or off, their board. And then he is injured. Sorry, but how is this not a good example?

If Williams starts every game for the next 4 years would you still say that? The guy missed half a season. He's signed for 5 years. You don't change your philosphy based on that.

Um, why does Bowman look like a "very nice" pick? He was an injury risk who went down for the season in his first game.

He slipped due to injury concerns, and at the time of the draft we speculated he wouldn't play this season. He passes the "look test" in that he appears like he could be one helluva a player. Corey Graham was in a similar position his rookie year, and he looked pretty damn good last year for a 5th round pick. Going into the season, it's easy to get excited about Bowman's potential. What more do you want from a 5th rounder?

As for Harrison, I think it a tad early to say "very nice" pick. While I have hope as well, I would point out he did exactly light a fire last year. Similar to the situation for Bennett at WR, the opportunity was wide open and there for Harrison to take, but he wasn't able to do so. He was a nice player last year, but sure didn't seem (IMHO) to live up to the hopes of those who were talking about how this 1st round talent fell to the 3rd due to character issues.

He looked great at moments, and then he'd disappear. He looks like he could be a quality defensive tackle for years to come. That's speculation of course, but the guys a rookie. I think he'll get better . . . but I was wrong once.

It didn't matter if Bazuin was hurt . . . Bazuin sucked. Seeing how Benson's staying out of jail, as a 2nd rounder, Bazuin might be the worst pick Angelo's ever made.

Solid pick? Sorry, no way. Who cares if he started tons of games at FS. He sucked. Davis started a bunch of games at WR. Does that mean he is better than we make out? DM did look good as a nickel, but teams are not usually looking to draft nickel DBs w/ their high 2nd round picks, especially when you consider that was the player we were supposedly targetting when we traded out of the 1st round. I would say that this past season made him look better, but would not say he would represent a "good pick".

He hasn't been great, but he's not a bust . . . he seems to be getting better and he still has the potential to be great. That's a solid pick IMO. Let me ask you this: Do you hope he's on the team next year? I do.

Yes. The later the pick, the more risk you can take. The 2nd round is a bit high to take high risk in the 1st place, but when your 2nd round pick is also your 1st pick in the draft, I would argue that is even more true. As the draft goes along, you can take more risks, but in the 1st and 2nd rounds (1st day of the draft) I think the flags have to be weighed heavier.

Sure it has to be waived . . . but to what extent? I remember you were a huge fan of Chris Williams and thought he'd be gone by the time the Bear's picked. Even more amazing was that Albert & Otah were still available. Yet we wanted Williams. Can we agree to wait until January to judge the pick?

I've been around, just not as much time to reply.

Damnit NFO! It's draft week! You've been slacking ever since the Cutler trade! Honestly, it's kind of eerie how few posters have been on with the draft a few days away. I believe you have the status of most posts :notworthy I expect you to get busy these next few days :bringit

As that player loses a year of eligability, I am not sure you can count on such.

What do you mean by eligibility? Dvoracek's a free agent after this season. Being IR'ed for 3 years straight hasn't hurt that. I don't know how many bonuses he lost out on, but being a 3rd round pick, there probably wasn't many.

Maybe its one thing when talking about a 7th round pick who has no options, but a 2nd or 3rd round pick that goes on the IR, well, I think there is more of an injury there than fans want to believe.

As I remember it, Bazuin, Okwo, & Dvoracek all played in the final preseason games, and then were IR'ed shortly after. Dvoracek's especially stuck out in my mind because the only thing we ever heard was "foot injury." That causes a guy to miss the next 17 weeks? What the hell?

It is suspicious.

What do you mean by eligibility? Dvoracek's a free agent after this season. Being IR'ed for 3 years straight hasn't hurt that. I don't know how many bonuses he lost out on, but being a 3rd round pick, there probably wasn't many.

Wasn't this what happened to Wale and caused all the issues? He was placed on IR to start his career, and his FA was extended by a year. Also, I remember reading abouth how he was a year further from being considered vested as an NFL player in terms of benefits.

As I remember it, Bazuin, Okwo, & Dvoracek all played in the final preseason games, and then were IR'ed shortly after. Dvoracek's especially stuck out in my mind because the only thing we ever heard was "foot injury." That causes a guy to miss the next 17 weeks? What the hell?

It is suspicious.

I thought I recall Bazuin and Okwo trying to play in the preseason, after the injury, not being able, and being IR'd. Don't recall w/ Dusty.

Point is still this. I just question a player being okay w/ being told he will be on the IR, miss the entire season, if the injury is bogus. I think that would likely lead to a grievance.

As of late, Angelo has seemed to be secure enough in his position to admit these mistakes. I got his autograph at training camp last summer, and I was surprised at how frail he looks in person (although he was riding a bike). I wonder if he's gotten to the point in his career where he can just skip a lot of the bullshit.

Are you not contradicting yourself? If Angelo is above the BS, why do you say he is giving us BS when he says he is going to place more value on character, injury, etc.

If Williams starts every game for the next 4 years would you still say that? The guy missed half a season. He's signed for 5 years. You don't change your philosphy based on that.

I don't think it was "just" Williams, but more like Williams was the most recent straw that broke the back. I also suspect the team is really suspicious of Williams at this point. If Angelo was still so high on Williams, I would question adding Pace. I think they are more worried about Williams then they are letting on.

He slipped due to injury concerns, and at the time of the draft we speculated he wouldn't play this season. He passes the "look test" in that he appears like he could be one helluva a player.

Kinda skipping the point here. He was an injury risk who went down in his first NFL game.

Corey Graham was in a similar position his rookie year, and he looked pretty damn good last year for a 5th round pick. Going into the season, it's easy to get excited about Bowman's potential. What more do you want from a 5th rounder?

Graham fell in the draft due to injury concerns? I didn't know that.

He looked great at moments, and then he'd disappear. He looks like he could be a quality defensive tackle for years to come. That's speculation of course, but the guys a rookie. I think he'll get better . . . but I was wrong once.

Toenaie (or whatever his name is) looked great at moments. So what. Harrison was supposed to be a 1st round talent available in the 3rd round. That was the hype at least. I am not saying he is a bust. Far from it. But I am questioning your saying he is a "very good pick" at this time. I think he may well earn that, but just do not feel he has done so yet.

It didn't matter if Bazuin was hurt . . . Bazuin sucked. Seeing how Benson's staying out of jail, as a 2nd rounder, Bazuin might be the worst pick Angelo's ever made.

In Bazuin, I would actually argue he would be an example of a different "philosophy" issue. Bazuin was a prospect who many fell in love w/ due to his athleticism. I have argued for some time we place too much value on athletes over football players, and feel Bazuin is an example of this.

He hasn't been great, but he's not a bust . . . he seems to be getting better and he still has the potential to be great. That's a solid pick IMO. Let me ask you this: Do you hope he's on the team next year? I do.

I said he was moving toward bust status BEFORE this year. you would really argue that? He failed at both FS and CB. He was among the most hated players on the team (at least around here). He really made up a lot of ground w/ his nickel play and return ability, but still. He is a nickel DB we took w/ our top pick in the draft, and supposedly the player we traded out of the 1st round to get for better value. Sorry, but a nickel w/ your top pick is simply not very good.

Do I want him on my team? Sure. So long as we look at him only as a nickel and return man, but that doesn't mean he was a solid pick at the top of the 2nd round.

Sure it has to be waived . . . but to what extent? I remember you were a huge fan of Chris Williams and thought he'd be gone by the time the Bear's picked. Even more amazing was that Albert & Otah were still available. Yet we wanted Williams. Can we agree to wait until January to judge the pick?

Hold the phone. I was among the very few arguing against signing Pace as I wanted to give Williams a chance. IMHO, I am among the few who truly do want to give him a chance.

Damnit NFO! It's draft week! You've been slacking ever since the Cutler trade! Honestly, it's kind of eerie how few posters have been on with the draft a few days away. I believe you have the status of most posts :notworthy I expect you to get busy these next few days :bringit

First, I think Madlith blows me out of the water in terms of most posts.

W/ that said, I am around and ready. I've been on a couple vacations since the trade. In fact, the Friday after the trade, I had to go on a camping trip w/ my daughter (Indian Princess). It killed me, but no way out of it. I also have to admit. The weather is beautiful, and I can't resit calling in sick to play some golf.

Okay, I'm here and ready to explain why you are so wrong :)

Are you not contradicting yourself? If Angelo is above the BS, why do you say he is giving us BS when he says he is going to place more value on character, injury, etc.

That's just Angelo saying, "I'm doing my damn job!!! A player's health is important to us!" What else can he say? I don't give a damn?

I don't think it was "just" Williams, but more like Williams was the most recent straw that broke the back. I also suspect the team is really suspicious of Williams at this point. If Angelo was still so high on Williams, I would question adding Pace. I think they are more worried about Williams then they are letting on.

Here's why I disagree with this: We did not sign Pace until:

1. We signed Cutler

2. We traded our #1 draft pick

3. We promised Pace he could play LT (supposedly Baltimore offered him more money)

I can't prove it, and Angelo has said they'd been looking hard at WR in round #1, but without the Cutler trade we use our #1 pick on Oher or Britton, and the Pace deal never happens. We only moved Williams in order to sign Pace. If we don't trade for Cutler, Williams is our starting LT.

Graham fell in the draft due to injury concerns? I didn't know that.

Corey Graham broke his leg his leg midway through his senior season: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...yers/31170.html

From what I understand, he was never 100% his rookie year. That's why Trumaine McBride started over him. Once Graham was healthy their roles were reversed

Toenaie (or whatever his name is) looked great at moments. So what. Harrison was supposed to be a 1st round talent available in the 3rd round. That was the hype at least. I am not saying he is a bust. Far from it. But I am questioning your saying he is a "very good pick" at this time. I think he may well earn that, but just do not feel he has done so yet.

He's a 3rd round pick. You don't expect greatness from them their rookie season, you expect them to be "ok." Harrison was "ok." Not great, but not bad. Time will tell.

In Bazuin, I would actually argue he would be an example of a different "philosophy" issue. Bazuin was a prospect who many fell in love w/ due to his athleticism. I have argued for some time we place too much value on athletes over football players, and feel Bazuin is an example of this.

I don't know what the hell we were thinking with Bazuin. He didn't have the size to stop the run, he was more of a blitzing specialist. Why the hell would we draft him when we had that in Mark Anderson? I don't want to even think about it.

I said he was moving toward bust status BEFORE this year. you would really argue that? He failed at both FS and CB. He was among the most hated players on the team (at least around here). He really made up a lot of ground w/ his nickel play and return ability, but still. He is a nickel DB we took w/ our top pick in the draft, and supposedly the player we traded out of the 1st round to get for better value. Sorry, but a nickel w/ your top pick is simply not very good.

Do I want him on my team? Sure. So long as we look at him only as a nickel and return man, but that doesn't mean he was a solid pick at the top of the 2nd round.

He's a player I'm excited about this season. We disagree. Nice pick.

Hold the phone. I was among the very few arguing against signing Pace as I wanted to give Williams a chance. IMHO, I am among the few who truly do want to give him a chance.

Chris Williams is our starting RT . . . what's wrong with that? Hell, in two years we dump Pace and move him over.

First, I think Madlith blows me out of the water in terms of most posts.

Not an accurate comparison . . . not of his are 5000 words. :notworthy

W/ that said, I am around and ready. I've been on a couple vacations since the trade. In fact, the Friday after the trade, I had to go on a camping trip w/ my daughter (Indian Princess). It killed me, but no way out of it. I also have to admit. The weather is beautiful, and I can't resit calling in sick to play some golf.

That sounds awesome. Just as long as you're there to bash Angelo on draft day :cheers

Okay, I'm here and ready to explain why you are so wrong :)