Bears will have to play to get paid!

Wesson44

Bears | Ogunleye, Idonije unlikely to land new deals this season

Comment (0)

Mon, 18 May 2009 05:40:49 -0700

Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo sounded somewhat apprehensive when asked about the possibility of rewarding DL Adewale Ogunleye and DL Israel Idonije with new contracts this season. Both players are in contract years. "We did quite a bit last year if memory serves me right," Angelo said. "I think we were unprecedented in terms of all the people we did extensions with so, in part, that made fewer players come up. But those that do well, we'll definitely do what we've always done in the past. I've always said this, 'They take care of their business and business takes care of itself.'"

Good approach Jerry. Last season people seemed to get complacent and while I like both Idonjie and Ogunleye, Oguneley specifically hasn't played all that well over the past 2 seasons so he needs to show up motivated and kick some butt.

Ogun is looking for a new deal when he never lived up to his original deal. :unsure: Is he looking for a new deal for less money? Idonijie on the other hand has done everything they ask him to do, i could see working out a deal with players that live up to or surpass their original deals during contract years other than that shut up and play.

Agreed! No need to hurry. And in all honesty, we could lose both at the end of the season and I don't think it would spell doom...

Bears | Ogunleye, Idonije unlikely to land new deals this season

Comment (0)

Mon, 18 May 2009 05:40:49 -0700

Vaughn McClure, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo sounded somewhat apprehensive when asked about the possibility of rewarding DL Adewale Ogunleye and DL Israel Idonije with new contracts this season. Both players are in contract years. "We did quite a bit last year if memory serves me right," Angelo said. "I think we were unprecedented in terms of all the people we did extensions with so, in part, that made fewer players come up. But those that do well, we'll definitely do what we've always done in the past. I've always said this, 'They take care of their business and business takes care of itself.'"