Server Notice

DABEARSDABOMB

We've begun our server move. The move is taking us from our current dedicated server to a bigger one with double the ram and a bit larger processor. Today we upgraded the site to version 2.6 of Invision, which is the latest version workable on our current server, but we are upgrading to the newest database software on our new server set-up which will enable us to move up to Version 3.x which is the latest and greatest.

It allows for faster indexing which will be very beneficial as the sites database continues to grow. There will be a 24hr or so outage though and I'll try to give as much of a heads up as I can.

Basically put the site should fly more and we should have even less down-time. Just wanted to let you guys/gals know.

Thanks for the update and behind the scenes work!

We've begun our server move. The move is taking us from our current dedicated server to a bigger one with double the ram and a bit larger processor. Today we upgraded the site to version 2.6 of Invision, which is the latest version workable on our current server, but we are upgrading to the newest database software on our new server set-up which will enable us to move up to Version 3.x which is the latest and greatest.

It allows for faster indexing which will be very beneficial as the sites database continues to grow. There will be a 24hr or so outage though and I'll try to give as much of a heads up as I can.

Basically put the site should fly more and we should have even less down-time. Just wanted to let you guys/gals know.

That took a lot longer than we expected but the outages should be done. Let us know if you run into any bugs as a result of our server switch. We are on a brand new server and in time will upgrade the forum software to the latest version as well. However, that upgrade literally takes about an hour and I'll do it late at night where as few as people as possible notice the outage.

The site will probably be a little slower than usual as we are moving some heavy databases today onto the new server related to the other forum I run on the server (Soxtalk).

Thanks for everyones patience and as I mentioned before we should have even more up-time now and more importantly more room to grow :)

Thanks DBDB. Now all is right with the world! :bringit