I Don't Get Bent Out of Shape Too Often...

Mongo3451

But this one got me.... :puke

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-tota...Top-10-defenses

Thoughts, justification???

Our defense has been god-awful ever since Chico left. The thought is that Urlacher's old, Harris is hurt, and if Lovie's boy Bob Babbich couldn't get it done, why should Lovie be able to get it done?

Our defense has been god-awful ever since Chico left. The thought is that Urlacher's old, Harris is hurt, and if Lovie's boy Bob Babbich couldn't get it done, why should Lovie be able to get it done?

Did I post the wrong video? My intent was to post the top ten D's of all time.

Probably had somthing to do with the Steelers D being a part of all those Superbowl wins, even though the list was presumably supposed to about any one given year. But the Steelers also played 2 less games and didn't the Bears shut out or nearly shut out every playoff team they faced up to the SB?

That's the video I saw. Top 10 of All Time.

There definitley appears to be some ommissions, and one of the announcers mentioned it...the Dallas D. Overall, I don't have much issue with the list. Lists are just reasons to argue at a bar.

There's not one fan I think here that would not put the 85 Bears on top. And I know, my Baltimore friends would say the same about the Ravens. And my Pittsburgh friends would think it's just right.

I think Pitt gets the nod for one obvious reason. They're good right now and just won it all. It's more on people's minds... And historicaly it's been a much stronger franchise at least in the modern era.

I still will argue Bears at number 1 until I turn (navy) blue (and burnt orange). Really, I think any in the top 3 could be argued as #1...and it almost boils down to personal preference.

Did I post the wrong video? My intent was to post the top ten D's of all time.

I think you're right...they're getting the slot due to 4 SB appearances w/ that D.

And yes, we did play more games and kicked more ass... Especially that year.

Probably had somthing to do with the Steelers D being a part of all those Superbowl wins, even though the list was presumably supposed to about any one given year. But the Steelers also played 2 less games and didn't the Bears shut out or nearly shut out every playoff team they faced up to the SB?

I think that the real difference between the 85 Bears team, the 76 Steelers and the 2000 Ravens was the domination factor. When the Bears beat you, they dominated you. When the Bears went to the SB in 1985, I don't believe anyone in the world thought NE stood a chinaman's chance in hell. It was a bloodbath from start to finish. That was the only year I can ever remember where, it would not have mattered who they would have put in front of the Bears, they were going to get their heads kicked in. They gave up 10 pts in the playoffs that year. The way they dominated the Rams and Giants in the playoffs was incredible. Back to back shutouts? Now, when you look at the Ravens and the Steelers, there was some doubt as to whether or not those guys were good enough to beat their opponents. Maybe the league was just more competitive those years but I would dare anyone to find a team that they thought would beat the Bears in the SB that year. I know I'm gonna hear Miami but I will tell you this, the Bears might even have beaten Miami worse than they beat NE because of what happened on that monday night earlier that season. I think Buddy and Ditka would have had that team in a feeding frenzy.

I think you're on to something there...

It was complete anihilation...

I was hoping for Miami! Revenge is a dish best served in New Orleans by a hungover defense!

I think that the real difference between the 85 Bears team, the 76 Steelers and the 2000 Ravens was the domination factor. When the Bears beat you, they dominated you. When the Bears went to the SB in 1985, I don't believe anyone in the world thought NE stood a chinaman's chance in hell. It was a bloodbath from start to finish. That was the only year I can ever remember where, it would not have mattered who they would have put in front of the Bears, they were going to get their heads kicked in. They gave up 10 pts in the playoffs that year. The way they dominated the Rams and Giants in the playoffs was incredible. Back to back shutouts? Now, when you look at the Ravens and the Steelers, there was some doubt as to whether or not those guys were good enough to beat their opponents. Maybe the league was just more competitive those years but I would dare anyone to find a team that they thought would beat the Bears in the SB that year. I know I'm gonna hear Miami but I will tell you this, the Bears might even have beaten Miami worse than they beat NE because of what happened on that monday night earlier that season. I think Buddy and Ditka would have had that team in a feeding frenzy.