Update: Brown says he's ok

balta1701-A

Some more good news.

Alex Brown vowed that the Bears have already taken on all the injuries they need for a while.

But it didn’t look good when he limped off the field in the fourth quarter Sunday, unable to put pressure on a sprained left ankle he said was sprained on a play in which he was held.

``I won’t miss nothing,’’ Brown said in the locker room after the game. ``Don’t worry about that.’’

According to a source, it’s not deemed to be a high ankle sprain or anything serious, and that’s imperative for a defense that lost linebackers Brian Urlacher and Pisa Tinoisamoa last week at Green Bay, not to mention a broken rib suffered by tight end Desmond Clark. There are only so many injured bodies a roster can carry.

Bears defensive end Alex Brown seemed a little angry about the play on which he sprained his left ankle Sunday.

Brown went down with 4 minutes, 16 seconds left and had to be helped off the field. While on the ground, he appeared to scream about how he was taken down.

Brown, who was having a big game with two sacks and four tackles for a loss, refused to use the locker room as his forum to complain about holding or whatever illegal move might have been used.

"I don't know if that will get me in trouble, so I don't even want to talk about that," Brown said. "I have two kids. I don't need to lose money."

Brown said he would look at the film to determine if there was dirty play involved.

It appeared that Steelers left guard Chris Kemoeatu stuck his right arm around Brown's neck and threw him to the ground as Brown tried to rush up the middle.

link

Cloths-lining a guy is illegal and has been for some time. It's as bad as horse-collaring someone. the bodies momentum kicks their feet out from under them and you can land awkwardly. While they're at it they should send in film on the hit that Olsen took one the sideline catch. Forget the guys name but he lead into Olsen with the crown of his helmet.

But the good news is that Brown is going to be fine. I got nervous seeing him helped off the field.