With the loss to the Vikings

Chitownhustla

was the performence by the Bears bad enough to make the Bears fire Lovie? Or do we need to lose more to make this happen?

In order for the team to eat $11 mil, we probably need to lose the remainder of the games. I was watching Chicago Tribune Live last night and although I can't stand them they all agree that more than likely they will be back for 1 more year and then we will Fire JA and Lovie.

Just curious though. If you took a pole and asked how many believed would would trade for Cutler, how many do you think would respond in the positive?

I am far from confident, but so many times I have heard (and often said) there is no chance our ownership will do or allow this or that.

No way they would hire a true GM w/ power.

Heck, there was a time when fans didn't believe our ownership would shell out $10m or more in bonus dollars.

No way we would have the highest paid coach in the NFL.

And no freaking way we would ever trade for a QB like Cutler, giving up picks and even giving an extension when he has numerous years left on his deal.

I think, for our ownership, Lovie is on the hot seat, but no decision has been made. More games like the Minny game very well could push them over the edge though.

We have Stl this week, which we should win. But what could really make or break Lovie is the three games after that. We get GB at home, followed by a trip to Baltimore and home again for Minny. If we are embarassed in those three games, two of which are at home by division rivals, I honestly think Lovie is gone.

In order for the team to eat $11 mil, we probably need to lose the remainder of the games. I was watching Chicago Tribune Live last night and although I can't stand them they all agree that more than likely they will be back for 1 more year and then we will Fire JA and Lovie.

Just curious though. If you took a pole and asked how many believed would would trade for Cutler, how many do you think would respond in the positive?

I am far from confident, but so many times I have heard (and often said) there is no chance our ownership will do or allow this or that.

Heck, there was a time when fans didn't believe our ownership would shell out $10m or more in bonus dollars.

And no freaking way we would ever trade for a QB like Cutler, giving up picks and even giving an extension when he has numerous years left on his deal.

I think, for our ownership, Lovie is on the hot seat, but no decision has been made. More games like the Minny game very well could push them over the edge though.

We have Stl this week, which we should win. But what could really make or break Lovie is the three games after that. We get GB at home, followed by a trip to Baltimore and home again for Minny. If we are embarassed in those three games, two of which are at home by division rivals, I honestly think Lovie is gone.

I agree that if Minny and GB make us look bad Lovie would have to leave! I still cant believe that Lovie is one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL.

Good points...

My few thoughts on this are:

1. We lose the Rams, it's over for Smith. Expectation is we won't beat any really good teams here on out.

2. We beat the Rams, but lose to the Lions, Smith is out. Can't fall to our historic meager division rival...again.

3. We beat the Rams and Lions, but get trounced by the reat, Smith is porbably out.

4. If we beat any of the contenders, I fear Smith will get a pass. It's a scary thought. We could beat one of those teams on a good day where they are playing for jack and we have nothing to lose.

Good points...

My few thoughts on this are:

1. We lose the Rams, it's over for Smith. Expectation is we won't beat any really good teams here on out.

2. We beat the Rams, but lose to the Lions, Smith is out. Can't fall to our historic meager division rival...again.

3. We beat the Rams and Lions, but get trounced by the reat, Smith is porbably out.

4. If we beat any of the contenders, I fear Smith will get a pass. It's a scary thought. We could beat one of those teams on a good day where they are playing for jack and we have nothing to lose.

If we beat any of the following contenders, say Baltimore. Then Lovie will be able to say that he was able to beat both the defending champions and Baltimore in the same season.