where was this energy and play calling all year?

BearFan2000

It makes you wonder is our line as bad as it has looked all year or is this just a rare "planets in alignment" phenomena where the line just played well all in the same game.

This game makes me wonder a lot of things like that. Also:

1. Ron called a good to great game, it was balanced, creative, and played to Jays strength

2. The D held it's own for most of the game other than the stretch where we let them back in.

3. The energy the team played with was the highest I've seen this year. They looked prepared.

4. Can this roster with some tweaks actually play consistently good like this over a full season

5. Why is it that only when their backs are against the wall and jobs may be in the balance do they step up and coach well.

6. What is a realistic timetable that the Bears can be rebuilt? Prior to tonight it looked like a total rebuild project.

7. Was tonight's game just a team that over achieved or a glimpse of what the Bears can be if coached well consistently?

After 14 weeks, Turner finally realizes that rollouts are what Cutler loves most. Jay has repeatedly said he's always loved throwing out of the pocket, and FINALLY, Turner calls plays which require rollouts. I loved Turner's playcalling yesterday, but his seasonal adjustments suck, and he must go.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the damming evidence is all over the place.

How long did Jay lobby for DA because he is a big target, has good hands, will go after the football and make big catches. It took an injury to golden boy Hester to get DA real playing time and all he's done is make plays

How long have we known that a big strength of Jays is to roll out and move the pocket. Took Ron 14 games to figure that out and move the launch point.

How long have we all known Jay has a rocket for an arm and it took Ron 14 games to utilize that rather than try to turn him into a dink and dunk QB which plays to his weaknesses not his strengths.

It took an injury to the ineffective Pacemaker to get Williams in the game and what does he do at his natural position (the position we drafted him to play nonetheless) but shut down one of the best DE in the league.

I saw a line last night that actually gave Jay more than a split second to get rid of the ball. He actually had time to scan the field and go through his progressions. Looked like the guy we traded for. Protection schemes were better called.

The overall team effort was 100x better than anything we've seen all year. They looked motivated and prepared. 14 games in and they finally look like the team many of us envisioned last offseason.

It irks me that when there's nothing left to play for the coaches can get the team fired up to play but when there was something to play for the Bears looked uninspired and not interested. If we'd have played like this all year you can guarandamtee it that we'd be in the playoffs. That's the thing that sticks with me. If ownership is honest in its assessment this is the conclusion they must come to. Why couldn't we have played like this all year, why 14 games in and out of the playoff picture do we now show intestinal fortitude??? But sadly I fear as many of us here do that they will use this as reason enough to retain Lovie and Jerry. Ron will be the scapegoat not that he doesn't deserve to be, and we will have the lowest bidder at OC and DC next season. No one of any quality is going to want to come to work for a coach already on the hot seat. We'll be stuck with the crap of the litter and wind up back in the same spot looking towards the 2011 season when we may actually get a new coach which will undoubtedly be a lowest bidder first timer or virtual no name... rinse and repeat.

We are all hoping that the Ownership does the right thing but lack any measure of confidence they will.