Zombie Smith to U of Tenn.?

madlithuanian

I actually do give Virginia credit. Here is a team/company that has been around a VERY long time, and has always been run (president) by a family member. Say what you want about the reasons, but I think more credit is deserved than realized when she put a non-family member in charge. Honestly, I just do not think many fans realize how big of a decision this was.

As for Ted and the stadium, yes, he absolutely does get credit. Could anyone w/o the last name McCaskey have gotten the deal done. Maybe. But in the business world, just because someone else "might" have been able to get a deal done does not meant you do not give credit to the one that did. Further, the stadium deal we did eventually get done was far better than expected (for the bears). Leading up to that point, I do not recall any who expected us to walk about w/ concession sale profits and some other things we got. So he deserved big props for that.

Criticize him for the hiring of Angelo. No argument. Criticize him for not stepping in sooner and putting on more pressure. Fine. But in evaluating Teddy, I don't think you can take away from the positives just to make a case against him. Trust me. Hiring Angelo is enough of a negative that you don't have the cheat the positives.

I am not saying I have read it here, but I think Ted gets too much credit for the stadium deal, as if it alone is enough to keep him around. I don't doubt that the McCaskey family is indebted to him. In the political world in Chicago, Mayor Daley is the major domo, and a McCaskey was not going to get that deal done.

But you are right, the hiring of Angelo is enough of a negative, and the BS press conference calling for change without making change will indeed get him fired in the near future with or without all of the credit for a stadium deal.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fait enough!

Criticize him for the hiring of Angelo. No argument. Criticize him for not stepping in sooner and putting on more pressure. Fine. But in evaluating Teddy, I don't think you can take away from the positives just to make a case against him. Trust me. Hiring Angelo is enough of a negative that you don't have the cheat the positives.

Yes, but for every Bob Ferguson there is a Rod Graves

For every Ford there is a Kraft...

Our track record pretty much accross the board is middle of the road. Not upper echelon, nor bottom of the barrel. Henceforth why I think we languish around 6-10 to 10-6 so often. We aren't that good, but get an easy schedule every now and then along with some inspired play every once in a while... (1994, 2001, 2005-2006).

I want upper echelon. Probably will never get it, but I still want it. Kind of like winning the Lottery...

But, it wan't stop me from buying a ticket every week hoping to win.

Yep, for every Virginia M there is always an Al Davis....

Yep, for every Jerry Angelo there is always a Matt Millen....

etc... etc... etc...