Bears Have Informal Agreement with Cowher

DABEARSDABOMB

IMHO, there are more than a few teams working along such thinking right now though. Look at the coaching turnover the last couple years, then look at this year. Several other teams were reported to be down on their coach, but ultimately made no change, and they too were thought to maintain the status quo due to the impending CBA issues. The biggest difference, IMHO, is they didn't fire much of their staff below the HC, thus creating a situation as we are in.

Further, I think you will find many teams treating FA very carefully, which also will show we are far from alone in being careful w/ the purse.

All well and good. But I just think that there's more in the coffers than giving them a pass on poor long term foresight.

I love hearing about all this work stoppage and CBA... It doesn't all come crashing in 2011. 2012 will probably result in even greater profits for the owners...for more than likely many many moons. So, you take on a little water one year in order to sail through calm waters for decades...

I mentioned it earlier, but to me this is a franchise that seems to be playing scared.