CB Tim Jennings signed

clnr

Per Biggs twitter and Chicago Breaking Sports.

5-8, 185 pounds CB? Does that mean DJ Moore will be cut?

Did Indy cut him? Is that why he was available and not restricted? (since he came out the same year as D Manning & Hester he should have been restricted.)

So I'm guessing we signed him for the minimum?

D.J. Moore is a 2nd year player. He has the build for the nickel back position. I look for these two to battle it out.

Did Indy cut him? Is that why he was available and not restricted? (since he came out the same year as D Manning & Hester he should have been restricted.)

So I'm guessing we signed him for the minimum?

D.J. Moore is a 2nd year player. He has the build for the nickel back position. I look for these two to battle it out.

He was a RFA that did not receive a tender offer so we got him and didn't give up anything to Indy.

So why was he not even tendered an offer. In Indy, you have a DB coach who was so respected and thought of, he was discussed for our DC position. He runs the cover 2, or at least a variation of it, and yet this kid was simply allowed to walk. It would not have cost the team much to keep him, and yet they opted to let him go for nothing, which really just begs the question how much we should expect from him.

He was a RFA that did not receive a tender offer so we got him and didn't give up anything to Indy.

So why was he not even tendered an offer. In Indy, you have a DB coach who was so respected and thought of, he was discussed for our DC position. He runs the cover 2, or at least a variation of it, and yet this kid was simply allowed to walk. It would not have cost the team much to keep him, and yet they opted to let him go for nothing, which really just begs the question how much we should expect from him.

Not arguing with that at all. I was just answering the question of Indy cutting him or not. I personally feel he was signed so we had a body to fill in for Vasher not for any real expectations of him contributing too much.

Part of me wants to agree with you. I mean, every teams adds a ton of players at the bottom end of the roster, and frankly, they just do not warrant much discussion. They are commonly referred to as camp fodder.

But i just have to wonder if that is in fact what this kid is. We kept Vasher on the roster. I have said all along he would be cut as soon as we were able to add/upgrade the position, but until we did, it didn't make sense to let him go. But I do not think we cut Vasher simply due to adding camp fodder. By letting him go after this signing, I would argue it likely indicates this player is one who they expect to stick with the team.

I know you were not arguing, but I simply do not understand. We already have a shorty CB drafted last year, yet at the same time read our coach does not like short DBs. We have this DB coach in Indy who is very highly respected by Lovie, and yet one of this coache's players was just allowed to walk when he could have been kept for near nothing. If this other coach Lovie respects so much thought so little of him, how do we think Lovie is going to think about the kid.

I don't know. I don't mean to make too much of a little signing, but I just can't understand what is going on with it.

Not arguing with that at all. I was just answering the question of Indy cutting him or not. I personally feel he was signed so we had a body to fill in for Vasher not for any real expectations of him contributing too much.

Take this for what it's worth, but the Colts fans I've talked to all say that Jennings is a liability, even in nickel and dime packages. I guess if he can contribute on special teams he'd be worth a roster spot, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make it out of camp.