Santonio Holmes traded

defiantgiant

Rotoworld is reporting that the Steelers just shipped Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 2010 fifth-rounder. It's the #151 pick overall. Holmes is a big character risk, and I'm not one of these people saying that the Bears desperately need to upgrade at receiver, but Angelo absolutely should have sent a 5th for him. Santonio and Hester would have been a nasty pair of deep-threats for Martz's deep passing game.

From what I read, he is a truly big time character risk though. Per PFT, and the story has been picked up by the major media outlets, he is going to be hit with a 4 game suspension. One more incident and that will become a year suspension. And his history is such that, like Pacman, you have to really question if he can keep his nose clean. The idiot tweets about smoking pot. Talk about an idiot.

I realize we can't afford to look only at choir boys, but at the same time, Holmes is pushing himself into the Pacman territory. I think we have a lot of good going for the team right now, and just question the need to add a player that could so quickly ruin all the good vibes.

Rotoworld is reporting that the Steelers just shipped Santonio Holmes to the Jets for a 2010 fifth-rounder. It's the #151 pick overall. Holmes is a big character risk, and I'm not one of these people saying that the Bears desperately need to upgrade at receiver, but Angelo absolutely should have sent a 5th for him. Santonio and Hester would have been a nasty pair of deep-threats for Martz's deep passing game.

He didn't get the nickname "Santurdio" for no reason...

Although, for a 5th, I think I'd have rolled the dice on his bad character. Zombie is so great at coaching guys up after all!

From what I read, he is a truly big time character risk though. Per PFT, and the story has been picked up by the major media outlets, he is going to be hit with a 4 game suspension. One more incident and that will become a year suspension. And his history is such that, like Pacman, you have to really question if he can keep his nose clean. The idiot tweets about smoking pot. Talk about an idiot.

I realize we can't afford to look only at choir boys, but at the same time, Holmes is pushing himself into the Pacman territory. I think we have a lot of good going for the team right now, and just question the need to add a player that could so quickly ruin all the good vibes.

I know this never will happen now, but with the addition of Holmes, him and Braylon Edwards form a pretty solid pair of receivers in NY. I remember hearing that the Jets were interested in Brandon Marshall as well, and I would have to say, that would be the nastiest 3-headed monster of WR's in the league. Throw in Brad Smith, who is a matchup nightmare as is, and you have got maybe one of the greatest receiving corps of all time (barring any psycho issues these headcases could have). I was bored and just thought Id throw a random thought out there. With the Holmes trade, I dont think theres any chance of this happening now, but that would be crazy.

I know this never will happen now, but with the addition of Holmes, him and Braylon Edwards form a pretty solid pair of receivers in NY. I remember hearing that the Jets were interested in Brandon Marshall as well, and I would have to say, that would be the nastiest 3-headed monster of WR's in the league.

It's already pretty nasty with Jerricho.

Only if Edwards actually figures out how to play again

Even if he doesn't, honestly. DBs have to respect him and Holmes, just based on how easily they can get open deep down the field. For all Edwards' catching problems, he still routinely torches corners if he's single-covered. With those two lining up outside, they're going to draw tons of coverage away from Cotchery and Keller, both of whom are pretty nasty in their own right.