Alan Faneca

rockren

I would be all over this. Fanace would be like when we added R.Brown. He woudl upgrade our OG position, and just as important, his addition could be key in the development of Williams. Having a solid veteran like Faneca could really help Williams transition at LT.

Hes still got enough in the tank to be a solid guard. I would love to pick him up. It would suddenly make our line at lot less scary.

I would be all over this. Fanace would be like when we added R.Brown. He woudl upgrade our OG position, and just as important, his addition could be key in the development of Williams. Having a solid veteran like Faneca could really help Williams transition at LT.

Would he though? All reports say he was terrible last year...Would he really be worth it?

Would he though? All reports say he was terrible last year...Would he really be worth it?

He made the probowl. He was awesome in the run, but slipped when it came to pass protection some. Still probably better than any guard on the team against the pass tho.

Fanace was good last year. Everything I read was he was cut due to 2010 salary.

He made the probowl. He was awesome in the run, but slipped when it came to pass protection some. Still probably better than any guard on the team against the pass tho.

Fanace was good last year. Everything I read was he was cut due to 2010 salary.

I read that he was one of the worst rated pass blocking guards in the league, giving up like 7 sacks and 3 hurries...maybe the report that Trav posted from ESPN was wrong though.

I hate our team being the butt of jokes...this is the writer's 1st paragraph of that article clnr just posted the link for...

Bad pass blocking can neuter even the most talented of offenses; when offensive linemen consistently can't sustain their blocks in pass protection or let opposing rushers slip through, the whole offense suffers. Wide receivers don't have the time to get downfield, preventing them from making big plays and eliminating the possibility of double moves. Running backs and tight ends that would be safety valves or mismatch opportunities have to stay in and block instead, allowing the defense to focus more of their attention on fewer receivers. Oh, and the quarterback doesn't have much fun, either. This paragraph can be used in full to describe the offense of the 2009 Chicago Bears.

Faneca made the Pro Bowl on name recognition alone. He's graded out terribly for the past two seasons, and that's when he was playing between a solid LT and arguably the best center in football. Profootballfocus has him graded as one of the worst handful of guards in the NFL the last two years, significantly worse than Beekman and Garza. I don't want him, I'd rather they lock Beekman in at LG.