Banks ranks...

madlithuanian

Guest TerraTor

My feeling is we will either be great or terrible. But either way that ranking is rediculous. The Lions have 2 wins in 32 games and have guaranteed 90+ Million Dollars to a QB and DT. And the browns are a total disaster.

I really don't know what to think. All I know is I'm not expecting miracles. Nor do I think we'll flop that hard. But, I seriously just dont know...

My feeling is we will either be great or terrible. But either way that ranking is rediculous. The Lions have 2 wins in 32 games and have guaranteed 90+ Million Dollars to a QB and DT. And the browns are a total disaster.

Guest TerraTor
I really don't know what to think. All I know is I'm not expecting miracles. Nor do I think we'll flop that hard. But, I seriously just dont know...

I can be totally sure of one thing. I have never hated the staff as much as I do this year. Lovie Smith got all his friends jobs and it is a mockery of a storied franchise. The saddest part is they both got OC/DC jobs because no one else would come close to Chicago. The things this organization has done the past 2-3 years makes me embarrassed to wear any of my 14 bears jerseys. My #1 being taking the best Special teamer (offenseive wise) of all time and basically transforming him into a 3rd WR.

Preseason is a joke anyway, and even if we put up 60 every game there wouldnt be much praise. So that doesnt bother me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ....1.3/index.html

On the bright side, we can only be pleasantly surprised, right?

In 2005 Dr. Z ranked us dead last. We finished 11 & 5 and won the division.

Talk is cheap, words are plentiful . . . opinions are like a-holes . . . all I care about is if we win on Sunday.

Talk is cheap, words are plentiful . . . opinions are like a-holes . . . all I care about is if we win on Sunday.

I totally agree bradjock...but I just have little hope that we will actually be winning on many Sundays, Mondays, or any of the 7 days we could be playing...

I too am sure of that! Although I'm more than willing to give Martz the benefit of the doubt. Maybe a little bit some with Tice as well. But on the defensive side, it's a joke. And Smith is a joke among jokes...

I can be totally sure of one thing. I have never hated the staff as much as I do this year. Lovie Smith got all his friends jobs and it is a mockery of a storied franchise. The saddest part is they both got OC/DC jobs because no one else would come close to Chicago. The things this organization has done the past 2-3 years makes me embarrassed to wear any of my 14 bears jerseys. My #1 being taking the best Special teamer (offenseive wise) of all time and basically transforming him into a 3rd WR.

Preseason is a joke anyway, and even if we put up 60 every game there wouldnt be much praise. So that doesnt bother me.

Competition...

Last year's schedule was easier than what this years appears to be. Obviously, strange things can happen and certain teams could suck due to injury etc, but from the looks of it, while we improved the team, I don't believe the improvement % matches the improvement of the teams we play this season compared to last.

Like I said in the other thread in more detail...I understand that people have a deserved lack of confidence in this team...but when you go through both the positions and the coaching staff, I can't see how the Bears have downgraded from a 7-9 team last year.

True enough. And it just wouldn't be a message board w/o someone flogging the dead horse comment about "opinions and a-holes..." ;)

But the counter to this was also discussed.

Schedule is a factor. Maybe we improved a little, but at the same time, our schedule is much harder, thus it remains very questionable whether our improvement equals the improved level of competition.

Further, while we may have improved in individual talent at various positions, at the same time, it remains to be seen if the whole comes together due to so many changes, both in personnel and scheme.

Finally, we were one of the worst defenses in the league last year. Even if we have improved some, or even a bit more than some, how good is that? So you go from #30 to #20. Your still in the bottom half of the league.

So we may well have improved the individual talent at some positions, but there is still great question whether (a) those individuals actually improve the whole and (B) whether that level of improvement equals (much less betters) the improved level of competition we will face this year.

Like I said in the other thread in more detail...I understand that people have a deserved lack of confidence in this team...but when you go through both the positions and the coaching staff, I can't see how the Bears have downgraded from a 7-9 team last year.

Hey guys, it's been awhile. I'll be back for the season (unfortunately, for most, right?). I hope the Bears have a good year, but in my mind, it's going to be a long one.

The Bears have that much locked into their QB and a DT, too.