Metrodome roof collapses

adam

The Vikings' home-field roof fell apart under heavy snow. Sunday's game had already been postponed.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s1878695.shtml

Favre gets game moved until Monday because of snow storm, and now this.

MINNEAPOLIS—The snowstorm that pushed the New York Giants-Minnesota Vikings game back a day has caused a partial collapse of the Metrodome's inflated roof.

Metrodome official Bill Lester said Sunday morning that the stadium is unlikely to be ready in time for kickoff on Monday night.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_16840597?nclick_check=1

via @ZachZaidman -

* Star Tribune: The Vikings' next at-home game is Dec. 20 against the Chicago Bears. Officials are looking for an alternate site.

* Star Tribune: Officials remained optimistic roof could be repaired for Bears game, but there's talk of moving game to Univ. of Minnesota

* Star Tribune: It would take about four days to bring TCF Bank Stadium out of hibernation for the Vikings-Bears game.

Send 'em to LA! The old Minnesota Lakers also play here!

Those wusses don't even play in the elements, so I'll be perfect!

For those Bears fans that want a vacation in sunny California, and us transplants living here in So Cal...we can catch one game a year!

They shouldn't even bother fixing the damn roof. Just let that friggin' place die. Find a temporary site for the Vikings for the rest of this season, have them use TCF next season while a new stadium is built. The Vikings had already wanted a new stadium for quite some time.

Send 'em to LA! The old Minnesota Lakers also play here!

Those wusses don't even play in the elements, so I'll be perfect!

For those Bears fans that want a vacation in sunny California, and us transplants living here in So Cal...we can catch one game a year!

I think the only reason those LA rumors started is because the Vikings have no lease with the city. Vikings have a great fanbase, they're going nowhere unless the state/city decide they can't afford to build another stadium. I guess that's possible considering they just helped put up two new ones in recent years.

I think the only reason those LA rumors started is because the Vikings have no lease with the city. Vikings have a great fanbase, they're going nowhere unless the state/city decide they can't afford to build another stadium. I guess that's possible considering they just helped put up two new ones in recent years.

That state currently is sitting on something like a $6 billion budget gap, so state funding really is out of the question.

Of course, California's situation isn't exactly better.

There is more than just rumor in LA...the question isn't will they get a team...it's what team will they get. The NFL desperately wants a team in the LA markter and between Anschutz and Roski...they are going to probably get one.

The Vikes could be one of 4... Vikes, Jags, Chargers, or Raiders.

If the Vikes want out...this is the perfect strom. All pun intended.

From what I've read, my money is also on the Jags (plus I like using the word "Jags")....

But, I'm hoping for the Vikes! At least I get one game a year to watch my Bears in sunny weather!

Oh no, I definitely think LA gets a team, I just think the Vikings aren't very high up on the list. My money's on the Jaguars.