Walterfootball Mock Draft

defiantgiant

So the guys at Walterfootball.com have done a 5-round mock draft for all 32 teams. Here's who they have Chicago picking:

1. Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

This would be a stellar pick, in my opinion. Get a genuine stud at left guard, move Chris Williams back to left tackle, and let Omiyale and Webb compete for right tackle. Three birds with one stone.

2. Marvin Austin, DT, UNC

Drake Nevis is off the board at this point in their mock, making Austin the best remaining under-tackle prospect. Given the guy's talent, I'd be OK with gambling on his character issues. A d-line of Izzy-Adams-Austin-Peppers would be beastly.

Also, their mock has a serious run on WRs, so there's not really good value at WR when the Bears pick in the 2nd. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Titus Young, Torrey Smith, Jon Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, and Randall Cobb are all gone before Chicago's pick.

3. Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego State

I don't like that he's only 5'11" and 184, but Brown does have the agility and route-running that Martz requires. Still, I'd rather go for a big-bodied receiver like Greg Little here. They have him going to Dallas in the 5th, but I don't see him falling that far in the real world.

4. Derek Newton, OT, Arkansas State

Another pick I don't really like. I've never heard of Newton, and both Derek Hall from Stanford and DeMarcus Love from Arkansas are still on the board at this point in their mock. I'd rather take a long-term starter from a bigger program.

5. Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson

A power back to complement Forte, plus

, so he'll fit into Martz's offense. Should be a much better short-yardage back than Chester Taylor, at 5'11" and 235 pounds.

So the guys at Walterfootball.com have done a 5-round mock draft for all 32 teams. Here's who they have Chicago picking:

This would be a stellar pick, in my opinion. Get a genuine stud at left guard, move Chris Williams back to left tackle, and let Omiyale and Webb compete for right tackle. Three birds with one stone.

Drake Nevis is off the board at this point in their mock, making Austin the best remaining under-tackle prospect. Given the guy's talent, I'd be OK with gambling on his character issues. A d-line of Izzy-Adams-Austin-Peppers would be beastly.

Also, their mock has a serious run on WRs, so there's not really good value at WR when the Bears pick in the 2nd. AJ Green, Julio Jones, Titus Young, Torrey Smith, Jon Baldwin, Leonard Hankerson, and Randall Cobb are all gone before Chicago's pick.

I don't like that he's only 5'11" and 184, but Brown does have the agility and route-running that Martz requires. Still, I'd rather go for a big-bodied receiver like Greg Little here. They have him going to Dallas in the 5th, but I don't see him falling that far in the real world.

Another pick I don't really like. I've never heard of Newton, and both Derek Hall from Stanford and DeMarcus Love from Arkansas are still on the board at this point in their mock. I'd rather take a long-term starter from a bigger program.

, so he'll fit into Martz's offense. Should be a much better short-yardage back than Chester Taylor, at 5'11" and 235 pounds.

DFG evidently Newton showed well in the Texas vs The Nation allstar game practices recently and he showed good movement and if I'm not mistaken the report said he lined up at both LT and RT.

I'm a Nole, so I despise all gators. Austin is a complete idiot with huge moobs. His boobs are bigger than Pamela Anderson's. Because of his not so smart tweets, he was the reason the agent thing went down last summer. I follow ACC football and Austin was non factor in many games. For his hype, he definitely didn't play or produce like it.

I love this draft, with exeption of the WR in RD 3. Put a DB in that slot and it's perfect for me. Never imagined that we could have a shot at Pouncey. He can play center as well.

Add to that, we should have a bunch of loot to spend in FA.