How about a draft contest

Stinger226

We will pick the 6 rounds. 3 points if we pick the right player in the right round.

2 points if we pick that player in any round.

1 point if we pick the right position in the round there picked.

I am up for throwing in some money on that.

As an example

1st round---------Liuget/DT/Ill

2nd round---------Watkins/OG/TCU

3rd round----------Burton/CB/Utah

4th round-----------Linnenkohl/OC/Ore

5th round-----------Lloyd/MLB/Conn

6th round-----------Johnson/FS/TCU

Good idea. I'd like to expand on it though. How about we project the Bear's picks and have a competition for the entire 1st round. I say this because the odds of accurately guessing who we will take becomes damn near impossible after the 1st round. Last year the majority of us would have been 0 for 5 in predicting who the Bears would take. Major Wright was considered a bit of a reach in the 3rd round. Corey Wooton was predicted to be long gone by round 4 and Dan LeFevour was projected to go in the 3rd. J Webb wasn't supposed to get drafted at all. Josh Moore??

I'd say we each have a 10% chance of predicting who the Bears will take in round #1. If someone could guess that AND another pick accurately, they might as well play the lottery.

We've had 1st round draft contests on here before . After months of scrutiny and reading countless mocks, I predicted 3 first rounders accurately. It's not easy. As soon as one guess is taken earlier then expected or falls, it changes the dynamic of the entire draft.

We will pick the 6 rounds. 3 points if we pick the right player in the right round.

As an example

I've set up and run a mock draft most of the years since this site's been here. Last year we didn't have enough people interested to make it happen.

If there's interest this year I can do so again, and I like your guys' suggestions about everyone picking for the Bears.

Count me in! I predict that with our 7th round pick the Bears will select Harvey Unga . . . does that count?

Assuming that there's more then 3 of us and we have this contest, how about these rules:

1 point for first round picks (for instance, correctly predicting the Panthers will draft Cam Newton = 1 point

For Bear players picked, you get the points for the round they were drafted (for instance, last year if you'd predicted we'd take Dan LeFevor in the 6th, you deserve 6 points . . . hell, somebody should give you a job if you're that good. Not to mention J Webb in the 7th . . . )

2 points if we pick that player in any round

As an example

Ok, let's use this as the interest thread. I'll pin it or bump it if I have to.

Anyone else interested in a Mock draft?

Really needs 10-15 people to get off the ground well.

So DO WE pick the first round picks and then all the Bear picks? Not finding a person to make a pick for a team as I have seen on here before.

So DO WE pick the first round picks and then all the Bear picks? Not finding a person to make a pick for a team as I have seen on here before.

You submit your projected 32 first round picks which is your 1st round mock draft. Feel free to steal from experts. I was just reading nfldraftcountdown.com, and they have Blaine Gabbert going #1 to Carolina and the DT from IL going at #29 to the Bears. I say feel free to steal since in the past, I've noticed that the expert picks are just as bad, or even worse, then my own. It is a crapshoot. Your picks will stay the same regardless of team.

Then you'll submit your Bear picks numbers 1-6. (Your #1 for the Bears may not necessarily be the same player you picked going at #29 . . . you may assume the Bears will trade down to pick up a slew of 7th round draft picks.)

On a side note, how many people frequent this site currently? With the lockout looming it seems like less then a dozen. Not to mention, NFO hasn't been adding his 52 posts per day. Did NFO die? That dude was a machine going back to the old bearstalk site. You'd submit a post and he'd respond with 10,000 words in less then 10 minutes. While I'm being a facetious smartass, I really do hope he's just taking a well deserved break and that he'll be back soon.