Carimi is a bear

fudgeripple2000

Yep. He may not be an elite LT but he's better at that spot than anyone else we have on the roster. Plus moving him requires moving JWebb to LT and/or Williams back there again.

No way would I put J webb inside. He played left tackle in Div2. Carimi played left tackle at Wisconsin and Williams played left tackle at Vandy. Looking at the roster last year. It appeared to me that Webb did some major improvement at the right tackle, He handled Matthews pretty good, So keep him there. Williams seemed to improve some at the guard spot. Give him another year there and see if he can become another Brown type guard. Then last of all put the Carimi in at L tackle. He is tons better then omyiale (sp)

And let the other guards duke it out. It should make for a much improved line. But only time will tell.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way would I put J webb inside. He played left tackle in Div2. Carimi played left tackle at Wisconsin and Williams played left tackle at Vandy. Looking at the roster last year. It appeared to me that Webb did some major improvement at the right tackle, He handled Matthews pretty good, So keep him there. Williams seemed to improve some at the guard spot. Give him another year there and see if he can become another Brown type guard. Then last of all put the Carimi in at L tackle. He is tons better then omyiale (sp)

And let the other guards duke it out. It should make for a much improved line. But only time will tell.

Yeah, I think this is the right way to go about it. This time last year, Webb wasn't supposed to be the starting RT and Williams wasn't supposed to be playing guard. Both of them got thrown into the fire, but they both improved significantly by the end of the season. I think the coaching staff needs to leave them where they're at and let them develop. Unless Carimi flat-out can't handle left tackle (which would surprise me) they should just plug him in and stop shuffling the line.

Williams might never be an ideal LG, but with some time to learn the position, I think he could develop into a poor man's Eric Steinbach: not a lot of sand in his pants, but good in pass protection and mobile on pulls/traps. I'm OK with a player like that at left guard. We just need to add a big mauler in free agency, to take over RG from Garza. Having a good to very-good RG would help Webb develop at RT and alleviate some of the pressure on Kreutz. A line of Carimi-Williams-Kreutz-Marshal Yanda-Webb could be pretty solid.