OT: Orton blasts fans

killakrzydav

I just saw on the opening story of PTI that our old QB Kyle Orton doesn't care what the fans think of him and is glad that the fans don't make the decisions. He went on to add that the last thing he is trying to do is to win over the fans on the football field.

He is, potentially, the starting QB of an NFL franchise there most likely is said face of the franchise. Do you think he crossed the line here? Thoughts?

Not at all. McMahon pretty much said the same thing his entire career. Which is of course why I love him so...

His team can fine him, but I really don't care what he says unless it's truly offensive. Base don your paraphrasing, I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he said. Will he lose fnas? Probably. But, he may gain some as well. Cutler is accused of similar as well...

I just saw on the opening story of PTI that our old QB Kyle Orton doesn't care what the fans think of him and is glad that the fans don't make the decisions. He went on to add that the last thing he is trying to do is to win over the fans on the football field.

He is, potentially, the starting QB of an NFL franchise there most likely is said face of the franchise. Do you think he crossed the line here? Thoughts?

If you don't get where Orton is coming from on this, then read up on the Tebow situation out there.

I don't disagree that he is not ready Balta. I also don't see Orton or Quinn taking that team to the playoffs which should at the minimum being that teams goal. There is no reason to not prepare for the future now. IMO, I would not want the face of the franchise I love telling me as a fan F me. Would you?

I'm sure many players think F the fans but I would, as a fan, prefer to not hear it from them when I am dumping my hard earned money at your feet to see you play.

Recently we had a discussion about the insane tickets price @ Soldier field. Somewhere around 700 bucks for a pair of tickets. A four hour afternoon runs ya about what a grand? That is ridunkulous!

Do you see Tebow doing it either? Sorry to say, but none of those 3 guys are going to do it for DEN. But, I'd have more faith in Orton getting them to the playoffs than either 2 of the other guys. Their last moron coach, McDaniels, got them in this position, and this current regime has to figure a way out of it.

If you are offended by what the guy said, it's your right to be. I, personally, am not. I get what he's saying and why. If I'm DEN's management, I'm not thrilled by the comments. If Cutler went out and said the same thing, I'd have no probelm either. Again, going by what you paraphrased. Cutler isn't there to please me. He's there to win games.

I don't disagree that he is not ready Balta. I also don't see Orton or Quinn taking that team to the playoffs which should at the minimum being that teams goal. There is no reason to not prepare for the future now. IMO, I would not want the face of the franchise I love telling me as a fan F me. Would you?

Many players love the fans too... I love McMahon and he could care less about fans. It's aprt of the reason I love him so. He does it for his teammates and to win. Nothing else. I like that attitude. But, that's just me. I'm different.

I'm sure many players think F the fans but I would, as a fan, prefer to not hear it from them when I am dumping my hard earned money at your feet to see you play.

Recently we had a discussion about the insane tickets price @ Soldier field. Somewhere around 700 bucks for a pair of tickets. A four hour afternoon runs ya about what a grand? That is ridunkulous!

If I was out there pushing for Hanie constantly, the whole fanbase was, the press was only interested in Hanie, Cutler got Booed Grossman-style whenever he came out and Hanie didn't...then I'd expect that kind of reaction too.

it sure seems like drafting a QB in the first round is undercutting the guy you already have there. That's fair enough, he kept his mouth shut. Now, they won't trade the guy who's there and they won't release him, and the "Heir-apparent" is no where close to ready. Orton's the one being screwed here.

In reality, Orton needs to shut up. He was average here, and he's still average. He benefits from the team being down early and him having to throw vs prevent defenses.

Whoever QB's that team is going to win 4 or 5 games.

If Denver thinks Orton is their guy, they should trade Tebow. I'm not sure what they can get for him, but they've already sold as many jerseys they can of Tebow's if he's going to be 2nd or 3rd string.

In reality, Orton needs to shut up. He was average here, and he's still average. He benefits from the team being down early and him having to throw vs prevent defenses.

If Denver thinks Orton is their guy, they should trade Tebow. I'm not sure what they can get for him, but they've already sold as many jerseys they can of Tebow's if he's going to be 2nd or 3rd string.

I absolutely agree Brian. Orton is average at best and always has been.

Orton needs to keep his mouth shut regardless of how he feels. Leaders don't say what he said. They just don't.

Orton is on the good side of average. Orton, to me, could honestly be on of the best back-up's of all time... I wish we never had to give him up. But, he wanted to be a starter, and he's just not good enough.

I absolutely agree Brian. Orton is average at best and always has been.

Orton needs to keep his mouth shut regardless of how he feels. Leaders don't say what he said. They just don't.

Orton is on the good side of average. Orton, to me, could honestly be on of the best back-up's of all time... I wish we never had to give him up. But, he wanted to be a starter, and he's just not good enough.

I have no problem with it. Orton has been getting shafted his whole career and he just now spoke up about it and what he said was absolutely true. He helped us win 10 games and division his rookie year when forced into action because of injuries and then he became the 3rd string the nxt year. He then works his butt off and finally beat out Grossman and was an avg qb for us and then he rewarded by being traded. He then put up good #'s his 1st year in den and looked like a guy to build around instead mcdaniels and company traded up, and gave away quite a bit to draft Tebow and we all know if ur 1st rounders are being drafted to be the guy at that position and don't forget he had great rapport with brandon Marshall and they sent him away. The guy simply can't win no matter what he does. He's being screwed here cuz as soon as slips even a little bit he will be pulled for Tebow, who no one believes in. Brandon Lloyd even spoke out in favor of Orton.

I have no problem with it. Orton has been getting shafted his whole career and he just now spoke up about it and what he said was absolutely true. He helped us win 10 games and division his rookie year when forced into action because of injuries and then he became the 3rd string the nxt year. He then works his butt off and finally beat out Grossman and was an avg qb for us and then he rewarded by being traded. He then put up good #'s his 1st year in den and looked like a guy to build around instead mcdaniels and company traded up, and gave away quite a bit to draft Tebow and we all know if ur 1st rounders are being drafted to be the guy at that position and don't forget he had great rapport with brandon Marshall and they sent him away. The guy simply can't win no matter what he does. He's being screwed here cuz as soon as slips even a little bit he will be pulled for Tebow, who no one believes in. Brandon Lloyd even spoke out in favor of Orton.

He put up good numbers in his first year in Denver? He started out 6-0 and ended 7-9 or some s***. He's not athletic at all and he's only 32-29 in his career, although everyone likes to talk him up like he knows how to win games.

And why should I listen to Brandon Lloyd? He's probably the biggest idiot in the NFL outside of Roy Williams and Cedric Benson.

Orton may be average but he is the same thing he was while he was here...The best option. Tebow is not going to amount to anything at the QB position. So him being just average is better than the other two who, as of right now, can't stack up.

While he was here it was the same damn thing, everybody wanted Grossman, until he came in, fumbled, threw picks, over/under threw everybody and their mother until we boo'd hiss ass off the field and guess who was back...Orton.

He put up good numbers in his first year in Denver? He started out 6-0 and ended 7-9 or some s***. He's not athletic at all and he's only 32-29 in his career, although everyone likes to talk him up like he knows how to win games.

And why should I listen to Brandon Lloyd? He's probably the biggest idiot in the NFL outside of Roy Williams and Cedric Benson.

Does he have a division winning caliber team around him?

I fully agree with your assessment.

Let's not forget how bad the DEN D got that year...that makes a big difference. Had we truly developed him from the word go, we just might be in a good spot. I still contend Cutler is much better. But, if we would have spent 2 first rounds picks on linemen and not wasted the benson pick...who knows... Speculation is cheap I admit...but an interesting thing to ponder.

Well said.

Orton may be average but he is the same thing he was while he was here...The best option. Tebow is not going to amount to anything at the QB position. So him being just average is better than the other two who, as of right now, can't stack up.

While he was here it was the same damn thing, everybody wanted Grossman, until he came in, fumbled, threw picks, over/under threw everybody and their mother until we boo'd hiss ass off the field and guess who was back...Orton.

Really, he'd have stayed there despite McDaniels? I don't buy that.

I agree Brandon Marshall was constantly in McDanials doghouse whether it was intentional or just a personality conflict. I believe he did the same thing that Cutler did and that was expeditite his exit from the coach and the team.

Really, he'd have stayed there despite McDaniels? I don't buy that.

If Denver would've offered him the money Miami did, I think he stays, because it doesn't take a genius to know McDaniels was going to be canned sooner than later. I don't think the Broncos organization ever offered much, if anything, to Marshall in terms of a contract. I think they were prepared to get younger and got tired of his off the field crap. They drafted Demariyus Thomas, they already had Eddie Royal, and they added Brandon Lloyd for some veteran presence.

It could've gotten worse, but the press conference after Denver went to 6-0, McDaniels and Marshall hugged and seemed to be getting along.

I agree Brandon Marshall was constantly in McDanials doghouse whether it was intentional or just a personality conflict. I believe he did the same thing that Cutler did and that was expeditite his exit from the coach and the team.

Did the same thing Cutler did? Cutler didn't do a damn thing wrong there. McDaniels, upon being hired, immediately tried to trade for Matt Cassel and Cutler wanted no part of having no trust with his head coach, thus asking his way out of Denver.