hester named in Miami U mess...

madlithuanian

I would also take the money as long there was no strings attached aka a loan with steep interest!

What the NCAA is doing to Terrel Prior is ridiculous! I equate this to what if the NCAA was able to tell Bill Gates he could not start his own business because of ______ (insert) rule and regulation.

I have my Masters in Sports Admin from UNM and most of my class mates were wanting to work in College Athletic Programs but I never entertained the notion out of principle alone.

This makes me sick. I can't believe Hester wasted illegal recruiting money on rims and an engagement ring. Maybe that's why he had a reputation for being stupid. The NBA tickets and food I get . . .

On a serious note, Terra mentioned this being about ghetto kids never having anything. He's getting hundreds handed to him, getting free VIP treatment at bars and restaurants, and hanging out on yachts. Unless you're family's extremely wealthy, it would be tough for most college kids to turn that down. I've never known anyone who had that kind of scratch available. I don't blame him one bit.

college football is a mess. I will tell you this, i dont blame a player, or any college kid for taking money that is offered to him. It happens on every campus in the U.S. and they wont be able to catch them all.

Also agree. The young athletes are used by the institutions, treated like commodities. Most of them will never be pros, so yea, I'd take the $ too.

Also agree. The young athletes are used by the institutions, treated like commodities. Most of them will never be pros, so yea, I'd take the $ too.

So shouldn't you judge harshly a player who takes money while still looking at a career in the pros? Same standard you give to not care...its putting him on a pedestal above the players who will never play a down.

Given what the rules currently are, any person has the right to judge any player taking money as such harshly. I choose not to. I only judge harshly if the dealings as such involve any kind of game fixing.

So shouldn't you judge harshly a player who takes money while still looking at a career in the pros? Same standard you give to not care...its putting him on a pedestal above the players who will never play a down.

Especially the ring... Rims I could see. ;)

This makes me sick. I can't believe Hester wasted illegal recruiting money on rims and an engagement ring. Maybe that's why he had a reputation for being stupid. The NBA tickets and food I get . . .

On a serious note, Terra mentioned this being about ghetto kids never having anything. He's getting hundreds handed to him, getting free VIP treatment at bars and restaurants, and hanging out on yachts. Unless you're family's extremely wealthy, it would be tough for most college kids to turn that down. I've never known anyone who had that kind of scratch available. I don't blame him one bit.

They need to start giving these players a stipend for playing at their school. These schools are making millions of dollars off these top athletes through ticket sales, endorsements and media rights. I don't blame the athletes either. They need to change the rules or this will continue to happen.

You can but on the flip side, what happens to them wfter the allegation? Nothing...Reggie Bush gave up his Heisman...so what he still makes millions as a 2nd option at RB. The colleges are left to suffer what the student athletes do years earlier. Prior gets suspended 5 games because he was caught up in this crap too. I heard someone say they are escaping Saturday problems for Sunday paydays.