Madden 12 Thoughts/Reactions

Bears4Ever_34

How many of you that bought this game immediately regret buying it? I know I do. To anyone thinking about purchasing this game, do yourselves a favor and don't. If you had last years game, you have this years game. There seriously is nothing different in Madden 12 that wasn't in Madden 11. Sure, the "Special Team Intros" are a new feature but what they didn't tell you is how annoying and boring it gets after seeing it over and over again and how the gameplay has not changed at all. The same problems that have been in Madden for years remain in this years game. The computer AI is so bad, Tom Clancy would be rolling over in his grave if he played this game. Receivers let the ball go right past them without recognizing it was even thrown to begin with, the animations are poorly conceived, player faces are horrendous, player movements are laughable, and we all know how disgusting the commentary has been in virtually ever game. Lets just say its no NBA 2k..

Its a shame that EA Sports is such a licensing whore that they don't allow for any competition until 2014. Nothing will change until 2k Sports gets back in the game because EA knows they have no competition right now. It's the same game every year with one new feature added that they claim makes the game sooooooo much better even though it's really not, and then they throw in a roster update. I'm curious to see if anybody else feels the same way as I do about this piss poor game. I can't remember the last time I picked up a game of Madden and thought "Hey this is actually nice." I think maybe 2003 might have been it or 2005.

I have bought Madden every year since the early 90s and last year I returned it after about 2 weeks. This year I got to try it with the EA Sports season pass for 3 days before it came out and I wont be getting it this year.

I had some fun with the superstar mode but I know that gets old. I dont feel like chasing around Vick online and getting sacked before I even get the snap. Madden needs some competition and the also need to by Backbreakers physics engine.

I haven't bought it in years. With me being 46, my son has taken the gaming mantle from me and he's not into NFL football enough yet to want to play it on a gaming system. He's playing it outside which is a lot better!

I always found the commentary monotonous after you play it a few times. They just don't have enough variety in the dialog to make it sound fresh. And the bugs in each year’s games piss me off. It's like there's no quality control at EA at all!

If they ever get it right they'd just need to send you an online update each year (which they could charge for) which would update rosters and give you new commentary to fit the player names and it would be a permanent game on the console. Until they get to this point, I'm not tossing $60 a year at it.

Last one I played was 2003. I played last year's NCAA football though. First NCAA football title I'd ever played and loved it. It definitely had flaws but the whole recruting mini-game was something I'd never seen.

I'm personally wating on being able to create your own plays, and not just with limited preset choices, I'm talking being able to draw each movement/pattern. I know that sounds unimportant, but think about it...the main reason they don't have that feature is that they know it would break the game when people come up with "money" plays. Well guess what, fix the game's AI and you don't have to worry about money plays. So ultimately my point is, when they finally allow user drawn plays, I'll know they've finally made that huge leap in AI (or at least have reason to hope).

So who's our highest rated player? What did they give Forte and Cutler?

Guest TerraTor

I think Madden is the only video game which blatantly cheats regardless of it winning. Does it just to piss you off into buying the next one thinking it may have been fixed.

If they ever get it right they'd just need to send you an online update each year (which they could charge for) which would update rosters and give you new commentary to fit the player names and it would be a permanent game on the console. Until they get to this point, I'm not tossing $60 a year at it.

They would never do that because people line up each year to drop money on it. I personally still play 2005 whenever I want to get some football game fix. I'd much rather play football for real

I have bought Madden every year since the early 90s and last year I returned it after about 2 weeks. This year I got to try it with the EA Sports season pass for 3 days before it came out and I wont be getting it this year.

I had some fun with the superstar mode but I know that gets old. I dont feel like chasing around Vick online and getting sacked before I even get the snap. Madden needs some competition and the also need to by Backbreakers physics engine.

Totally agree. The animations really kill it for me because then it becomes a game of "Find the glitch in the system and exploit it." For years now, the only pass that was ever completable has been the slant pattern or the occasional fly route. Now it's just flat out unbearable to even play offense in this game. You have zero time to look for the open receiver and never run a play action fake because it won't work. Physics would change a whole lot and that seems to be the direction games are wanting to push towards. I hope it comes sooner rather than later because Madden hasn't worked for me in years.

I think Madden is the only video game which blatantly cheats regardless of it winning. Does it just to piss you off into buying the next one thinking it may have been fixed.

Yeah. Even though I knew it was probably going to suck I had to buy it anyways. Which, shame on me.. but that's exactly why EA Sports won't ever change. They know people are going to buy their product for as long as its out there because they own the NFL License. Unless there is a boycott on the game, I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Count me in the same boat.

I'm pretty much an addict now. I really liked it better when there was some competition. Isn't that the American way dammit!?

Sadly, I will buy the game sometime soon when I can get enough of a free window of time to spend 4 hours on it w/o my wife buggin'...

Did you get an on-line roster update? Was it PS3?

Yeah. Even though I knew it was probably going to suck I had to buy it anyways. Which, shame on me.. but that's exactly why EA Sports won't ever change. They know people are going to buy their product for as long as its out there because they own the NFL License. Unless there is a boycott on the game, I don't expect it to change anytime soon.

Count me in the same boat.

I'm pretty much an addict now. I really liked it better when there was some competition. Isn't that the American way dammit!?

Sadly, I will buy the game sometime soon when I can get enough of a free window of time to spend 4 hours on it w/o my wife buggin'...

Did you get an on-line roster update? Was it PS3?

I got it for the 360. Kind of a bummer they don't make it for PC anymore. Atleast then you could download mods for the game, that make it look and play better.. Funny how normal people can do that but the people at EA sports can't seem to figure it out.