A pass happy league may be good for us?

NAMEDSONPAYTON2

The way the rules favor QB's, and recievers, for more points, might be good for us if we committe ourselves to the run game. Since most defenses are preparing for this pass happy league in games and practice, we might have an advantage if we can keep running the ball like last week. Most teams might be more prepared for the pass than the run. So lets run at least 30 times against Detroit. Also on defense for us, I am liking the way we play in the red zone the last few years. It seems to me that many of the points scored on us come from outside of the red zone, once their O is in our red zone we see things better. I've said this before "sometimes I like it better when our D is in 3rd and short rather than 3rd and long" seems like we make teams punt more on 3rd and shot than on 3rd and long. On a side note, our 2 losses might have come from the 2 best teams in the NFL.

I think what you're saying is a bit of a reach. I'd argue otherwise. in a pass-happyleague, if you cannot pass, like us, then you are at a disadvantage. Sure, you can match -up favorably against some teams with your running game. But if you cannot pass and pass well, you really cannot win the big game in the NFL.

Odss are Detroit will be prepared ofr our running game. Suh is a beast and Schwartz is a great planner. They will not be "fooled" regardless what we throw out. We simply need to execute both passing and running. Your comments on the red zone have been happeneing since Smith's arrival. The whole cover 2 idea is bend, don't break. It give up many yards, hoping that a mistake is made. and by the time a team is in the red zone on us, the field is shortened, and we have less zone to cover, making it a bit easier to defend. At least in theory. The idea that we do better on third in short, while intruiging, is really horrible. It really show how bad our 3rd down defense is. And it's been that way for too many years.

Sure, our 2 losses came agasint great teams. But, weren't we just a game shy last season? Have we taken that far of a step back that we can take solace that we were beaten by 2 better teams. There's not much we can do...but the impetus should be on JA why he let us get worse while too many other teams insisted on improving?

The way the rules favor QB's, and recievers, for more points, might be good for us if we committe ourselves to the run game. Since most defenses are preparing for this pass happy league in games and practice, we might have an advantage if we can keep running the ball like last week. Most teams might be more prepared for the pass than the run. So lets run at least 30 times against Detroit. Also on defense for us, I am liking the way we play in the red zone the last few years. It seems to me that many of the points scored on us come from outside of the red zone, once their O is in our red zone we see things better. I've said this before "sometimes I like it better when our D is in 3rd and short rather than 3rd and long" seems like we make teams punt more on 3rd and shot than on 3rd and long. On a side note, our 2 losses might have come from the 2 best teams in the NFL.

:bringit

Here is a better idea, give us 1 and all im asking for is 1 true #1 WR and then roll with the guys we have now. Then fix the oline and we are set. The oline need upgrading even if we are going to be a run heavy team. Its not hard, just bring in 1 WR that is all you need. 1 please just 1!!!!!!!!! Run happy pass happy you still need 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think what you're saying is a bit of a reach. I'd argue otherwise. in a pass-happyleague, if you cannot pass, like us, then you are at a disadvantage. Sure, you can match -up favorably against some teams with your running game. But if you cannot pass and pass well, you really cannot win the big game in the NFL.

Odss are Detroit will be prepared ofr our running game. Suh is a beast and Schwartz is a great planner. They will not be "fooled" regardless what we throw out. We simply need to execute both passing and running. Your comments on the red zone have been happeneing since Smith's arrival. The whole cover 2 idea is bend, don't break. It give up many yards, hoping that a mistake is made. and by the time a team is in the red zone on us, the field is shortened, and we have less zone to cover, making it a bit easier to defend. At least in theory. The idea that we do better on third in short, while intruiging, is really horrible. It really show how bad our 3rd down defense is. And it's been that way for too many years.

Sure, our 2 losses came agasint great teams. But, weren't we just a game shy last season? Have we taken that far of a step back that we can take solace that we were beaten by 2 better teams. There's not much we can do...but the impetus should be on JA why he let us get worse while too many other teams insisted on improving?

I don't know if you really got where i was going with this, maybe you did,but anyways let me state it like this. If this were a running league, and all the stars were running backs instead of today, where most of the stars are known as the qb's. And all the teams prepared for the running game and then you had 2 teams that could throw the ball like brees and brady do today, would not brees and brady's teams have an advatage? So if we could be in the top 2 of the league in running, we might have an advantage over those teams that prepare for all this passing today. I just REALLY enjoy the run game and am a little bias towards this pass league. I guarantee you that if we can rush for more tha 130 yards a game, we will be in the playoffs. We do not have a passing game so far, so lets not fool ourselves and lets run the damn ball, we seem to do that pretty well WHEN WE TRY IT EARLY in the game. PS i hate indoor games especially the super bowl. i'd rather watch 2 sorry teams play on grass outdoors rather than 2 good teams indoors.

I think I did get what you were saying... But, it really wouldn't matter much in the long run. Sure, a team could sneak up on another by doing what most aren't doing, but teams usually adjust and find ways to stop that. Just look at the run and shoot as an example of that. Successful at first, but then figured out. Btu the idea that if you're a great running team and the D you're facing is better at the pass, you obviously should be at an advantage...no matter what. I'm old school as well, I love the run game too! But, the champs of the modern day NFL all can pass and pass well. 130/game on the ground may or may not get us into the playoffs... But, I don't think that alone would be a factor. You could break a 99 yard run, and then amass 40 the rest of the game...and still lose. But, I tend to agree...a good outing running usually equals a win. But, if all you can do is run, teams usually can figure out how to contain it. Balance usually bodes well in all area of life and sport...

I agree. Run early, run often.

I don't know if you really got where i was going with this, maybe you did,but anyways let me state it like this. If this were a running league, and all the stars were running backs instead of today, where most of the stars are known as the qb's. And all the teams prepared for the running game and then you had 2 teams that could throw the ball like brees and brady do today, would not brees and brady's teams have an advatage? So if we could be in the top 2 of the league in running, we might have an advantage over those teams that prepare for all this passing today. I just REALLY enjoy the run game and am a little bias towards this pass league. I guarantee you that if we can rush for more tha 130 yards a game, we will be in the playoffs. We do not have a passing game so far, so lets not fool ourselves and lets run the damn ball, we seem to do that pretty well WHEN WE TRY IT EARLY in the game. PS i hate indoor games especially the super bowl. i'd rather watch 2 sorry teams play on grass outdoors rather than 2 good teams indoors.