Yuck

madlithuanian

What a big yuck today.

Where we failed...

1. Special Teams. Paging Dave Toub? Where did you go? No Hester, mess ups on FG coverage, and just plain being a non-factor... We were counting on you for 4 straight weeks to at least come through once. FAIL.

2. D. How is it we can look so good, then so bad so quickly? It's been for weeks now! Bumbling around in the secondary like a bunch of Shemp rejects, having the only thing come from Urlacher in weeks is poor sportsmanship, and reverting back to playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage... When the going gets tough, this team has seemed to regress. I don't expect tunrovers all the time, but I expected more heart than what we saw today. I think I only saw Peppers and Briggs playing today other than some decent plays by Paea.

3. O. Seriously, do I need to say anything? No QB, fair RB's, not one WR worth a damn...it's just beyond painful. Thankfully Johnny K is OK. As much as he's been problematic, his injury looked so bad I felt sick to my stomach. I prayed he did suffer any long term damage or paralysis. I didn't want him on the squad next year, but I don't want him hurt.

4. Coaching. We just have not been prepared to play big boy football for 4 weeks straight. You'd think one damn game would be a wake up call. Smith will get a pardon for having so many injuries to deal with and a crummy talent pool. But his smug face is not blameless. I've been harsh over the years, and have relented this year. I want to see something positive next year. Or it's time to cut bait. Sniffing glory and constantly missing it is no way to go about football life...

5. Management. JA. Well, I need not go into detail...we all know why people dislike and want JA gone. Some don't... I can't understand it, but that's OK. We all have varying ideas of success. And that I do get. But I am done with him.

On the positive side...

1. Cutty will be back. He is awesome. He is the team.

2. Carimi will be back. He will help. We improved on the line, but he will make things better I believe.

3. Forte should be back... He's the best RB we have, and a huge contributor since JA has not supplied us with anything but a decent Bennett.

We need more help. We need more in the secondary. We need a FREAKING REAL WR FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY! We need a real TE. We need some depth at LB. And we need more more DL that can make an impact. It's a lot still... But even if we got some of it, things should be better. At least a freaking WR... Please Santa.