Noots' Notes: GM Search Complete with Emery

Noots

Thanks for sharing Noots and giving your honest opinion of the situation.

I truly believe this was done ass-backwards and whether I like Lovie or not, if he is not fired the GM should not have been fired just based on the "Status Quo" press conference.If you think about the last 2 coaching hires with the courting of Nick Saban and the Dave McGinnis fiasco and now the GM must retain the current coach,this organization needs to come into the modern ages. This is no different than when Ditka had to accept Buddy Ryan as his defensive coordinator 30 years ago when Papa Bear made that move. He over stepped the GM Jim Finks and brought Ditka in as his last power play. Maybe George is trying to be his namesake 30 years later.

But as I mentioned before, he’s prepared the team extremely well and often has surprised me when I thought the Bears were going to get beat. You have to think about how they managed to get to a Super Bowl with Kyle Orton as the QB most of the year

I enjoyed your write-up, but believe this was an accident in crediting Orton as the Bears QB in '06 when they went to the Super Bowl. Rex played every game that year and brought us from behind to beat Seattle in the playoffs.

I understand people hate Rex and call him a bust.....but he was a big reason we went to the Super Bowl that year and I friggin' hate when people try take that away from him.

Thanks for sharing Noots and giving your honest opinion of the situation.

I truly believe this was done ass-backwards and whether I like Lovie or not, if he is not fired the GM should not have been fired just based on the "Status Quo" press conference.If you think about the last 2 coaching hires with the courting of Nick Saban and the Dave McGinnis fiasco and now the GM must retain the current coach,this organization needs to come into the modern ages. This is no different than when Ditka had to accept Buddy Ryan as his defensive coordinator 30 years ago when Papa Bear made that move. He over stepped the GM Jim Finks and brought Ditka in as his last power play. Maybe George is trying to be his namesake 30 years later.

I totally agree in that when you bring in a new GM he should be able to bring his own coach. We've been over that 100 times, but I'll 2nd that with you just because it's the correct assumption.

However, I do believe Emery will be a no nonesense guy with a successful stin with the Navy football program....if people think he's going to come in and be buddy-buddy with everyone, they'll be surprised.