Drunkntailgater offseason vlog

Drunkntailgater

My off season vlog talking about the changes in the Bears Org. I am asking a couple of my Seattle friends to either post comments on my video or cam up and tell us what was Jeremy Bates's downfall in Seattle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHXt4e9LCrE

Please post your thoughts and comments. Either here or on the video itself.

If my friends make any video responses for me, I will post them also to this thread.

This is the response I got from one of my Seahawks friends on youtube. I think this gives us a better idea of what the Seattle fans thought about Bates.

Watch the video and tell me if this gives you a little more hope that the Bears made the right move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyOPJGFukjQ...358FAAAAAAAARAA

Even w/o the video, I think the right move was made given the options available. And I'm all in with Cutler. If he likes it, I like it.

This is the response I got from one of my Seahawks friends on youtube. I think this gives us a better idea of what the Seattle fans thought about Bates.

Watch the video and tell me if this gives you a little more hope that the Bears made the right move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyOPJGFukjQ...358FAAAAAAAARAA

Even w/o the video, I think the right move was made given the options available. And I'm all in with Cutler. If he likes it, I like it.

I'm just glad to hear it from another fan that even they were shocked that he was gone. At least we know he wasn't perceived in the same manner John Shoop, Terry Shea or Ron Turner was here.

When you just glance at the situation all you see it Bates being unemployed for an entire season without any other teams making him offers. And you just have to wonder, "Why?"

Going forward with this, I feel better knowing he wasn't hated as many of our OC's have been by our fans. This gives me some hope that this could work out and be a success for the Bears.

Agreed! Hell, Shoop and Shea make Ron Turner look like Coryell!

I like the history Bates has with Cutler. It's part of the learning curve that does not need to be re-hashed out. Bates' strength could very well be just as a positional guy. Even if he's not great, it's Tice's baby. Tice is in control.

I like what I've been hearing around the radio that the move to get Bates and eliminate the passing coordinator element out of it was due to Tice's not being pleased about it. Also, rumors of Emery not being pleased about it are circling about. Maybe it's revisionist history, but assuming there's some truth to it, it's a good sign for things to come. The moves make logical sense. Tice's philosophy makes logical sense. Hiring Bates makes logical sense. Sure, it may not work. But there's not denying that, on paper, it looks as solid as one can ask for as this moment. Whereas Martz's plans were always met with skepticism at minimum...pure dislike at max.

Just get ready to hold a space at the SB victory party this upcoming season in Chicago. I'm drinking Kool-aid like it's free Guinness pouring out of the St. James Gate tap at the top of the Storehouse Gravity Bar!

I'm just glad to hear it from another fan that even they were shocked that he was gone. At least we know he wasn't perceived in the same manner John Shoop, Terry Shea or Ron Turner was here.

When you just glance at the situation all you see it Bates being unemployed for an entire season without any other teams making him offers. And you just have to wonder, "Why?"

Going forward with this, I feel better knowing he wasn't hated as many of our OC's have been by our fans. This gives me some hope that this could work out and be a success for the Bears.

Agreed! Hell, Shoop and Shea make Ron Turner look like Coryell!

I like the history Bates has with Cutler. It's part of the learning curve that does not need to be re-hashed out. Bates' strength could very well be just as a positional guy. Even if he's not great, it's Tice's baby. Tice is in control.

I like what I've been hearing around the radio that the move to get Bates and eliminate the passing coordinator element out of it was due to Tice's not being pleased about it. Also, rumors of Emery not being pleased about it are circling about. Maybe it's revisionist history, but assuming there's some truth to it, it's a good sign for things to come. The moves make logical sense. Tice's philosophy makes logical sense. Hiring Bates makes logical sense. Sure, it may not work. But there's not denying that, on paper, it looks as solid as one can ask for as this moment. Whereas Martz's plans were always met with skepticism at minimum...pure dislike at max.

Just get ready to hold a space at the SB victory party this upcoming season in Chicago. I'm drinking Kool-aid like it's free Guinness pouring out of the St. James Gate tap at the top of the Storehouse Gravity Bar!

That girl is a rookie at pouring a pint of Guinness. She forgot to put the foam clover on it when she finished pouring. LOL

I'm already pumped as can be about this draft. I've never had such a good feeling about an upcoming season so early like this. Look out Draft Party, Summer Camp and as many games as I can be at.......I'm going to enjoy next season to the fullest!

ha! I went there w/ mywife last summer, and we tried it. I made some kind of a tree branch, but my wife knocked out the clover! However, I was really good at drinking them!

Agreed!

:cheers

That girl is a rookie at pouring a pint of Guinness. She forgot to put the foam clover on it when she finished pouring. LOL

I'm already pumped as can be about this draft. I've never had such a good feeling about an upcoming season so early like this. Look out Draft Party, Summer Camp and as many games as I can be at.......I'm going to enjoy next season to the fullest!

I'm just glad to hear it from another fan that even they were shocked that he was gone. At least we know he wasn't perceived in the same manner John Shoop, Terry Shea or Ron Turner was here.When you just glance at the situation all you see it Bates being unemployed for an entire season without any other teams making him offers. And you just have to wonder, "Why?"

Hearing from a Seahawks fan that sometimes he called a good game and sometimes he called a not so good game really means nothing. Having him say that most Seahawks fans liked him means nothing as well. We dont know why he was fired and no SEA fan does either. Bates could have pimped slapped Carrol for all we know, not likely but just saying. Maybe Carrol wanted a scapegoat for the O problems that year.

Comparing Bates to the rest of our most hated OC is not really the same. Most of our OC were given more then 1 year as an OC, having a OC do stupid shit over and over again will get you a fan base that hates you. 1 year as the OC at Sea is not going to get most of the fanbase wanting your head. Im pretty sure the O problems with the Seahawks had a lot more to do with the injuries( for some reason i remmember Hasselbeck being hurt most of the year that year).

What i am excited about is the fact that Cutler loved the hire. That is all i need to hear. His track record with Cutler says enough. Cutler as a second or third year Vet threw for 4,500 yards that year with no run game, Bates was the QB coach that year. He has coached under Pete Carrol and Mike Shannahan, both proven coaches. Im sure his knowledge of the game is good enough to be a good QB coach.

Sea

Passing

2010 19- With Bates

2011 22- Without

Rushing

2010 31- with Bates- isnt this the year they traded for Lynch in mid season???

2011 21- without

Total Yards

2010 28- with Bates

2011 28- without

Touchdowns

2010 25

2011 21

Total Scoring

2010 23

2011 23

What do these rankings tell us about the Seahawks with Bates and without???? They are about the same. So i guess we can say the OC didnt have a lot to do with the performance of the O for Sea. If the numbers looked better the year after Bates left then we could be sitting here saying Bates was in over his head as an OC but they number are very similar.

Either way Bates is not here to be the OC this year. Tice is. If Tice for some reasons get a chance to be a HC again it may be nice to have Bates on staff and promote him so Cutler is not getting another complete new scheme again.

Hearing from a Seahawks fan that sometimes he called a good game and sometimes he called a not so good game really means nothing. Having him say that most Seahawks fans liked him means nothing as well. We dont know why he was fired and no SEA fan does either. Bates could have pimped slapped Carrol for all we know, not likely but just saying. Maybe Carrol wanted a scapegoat for the O problems that year.

Comparing Bates to the rest of our most hated OC is not really the same. Most of our OC were given more then 1 year as an OC, having a OC do stupid shit over and over again will get you a fan base that hates you. 1 year as the OC at Sea is not going to get most of the fanbase wanting your head. Im pretty sure the O problems with the Seahawks had a lot more to do with the injuries( for some reason i remmember Hasselbeck being hurt most of the year that year).

What i am excited about is the fact that Cutler loved the hire. That is all i need to hear. His track record with Cutler says enough. Cutler as a second or third year Vet threw for 4,500 yards that year with no run game, Bates was the QB coach that year. He has coached under Pete Carrol and Mike Shannahan, both proven coaches. Im sure his knowledge of the game is good enough to be a good QB coach.

This is one of the things I really like about my youtube experience with other NFL fans. I do value WNXpigpen's opinion about this because I feel he is just as big of a Seahawks fan as I am a Bears fan. The guy is a season ticket holder and never misses any games. I would take his word about their fanbase's feelings over what WSCR or ESPN tells me over my truck radio any day. LOL.

As far as some of our most hated OC's having Multiple seasons, Terry Shea was fired after 1. John Shoop was a quarterback coach then moved to the OC position for 2 seasons and 4 games before going down with the ship named Dick Jauron.

But Yes, I agree that it's a great move because Jay Cutler is familiar and comfortable with him. Work is always a better place when you are surrounded by friends. I am excited about next season more than I have been about any season ever. Let's hope this pans out for us and we're not the "other fans" watching from the sidelines during the playoffs next year.

Sea

Passing

2010 19- With Bates

2011 22- Without

Rushing

2010 31- with Bates- isnt this the year they traded for Lynch in mid season???

2011 21- without

Total Yards

2010 28- with Bates

2011 28- without

Touchdowns

2010 25

2011 21

Total Scoring

2010 23

2011 23

What do these rankings tell us about the Seahawks with Bates and without???? They are about the same. So i guess we can say the OC didnt have a lot to do with the performance of the O for Sea. If the numbers looked better the year after Bates left then we could be sitting here saying Bates was in over his head as an OC but they number are very similar.

Either way Bates is not here to be the OC this year. Tice is. If Tice for some reasons get a chance to be a HC again it may be nice to have Bates on staff and promote him so Cutler is not getting another complete new scheme again.

Excellent post and a great opinion on this! And judging from this with Tice being the OLine guru that he is, our rushing will improve this season by leaps and bounds.

Thanks for digging up this info!

:cheers

This is one of the things I really like about my youtube experience with other NFL fans. I do value WNXpigpen's opinion about this because I feel he is just as big of a Seahawks fan as I am a Bears fan. The guy is a season ticket holder and never misses any games. I would take his word about their fanbase's feelings over what WSCR or ESPN tells me over my truck radio any day. LOL.

As far as some of our most hated OC's having Multiple seasons, Terry Shea was fired after 1. John Shoop was a quarterback coach then moved to the OC position for 2 seasons and 4 games before going down with the ship named Dick Jauron.

But Yes, I agree that it's a great move because Jay Cutler is familiar and comfortable with him. Work is always a better place when you are surrounded by friends. I am excited about next season more than I have been about any season ever. Let's hope this pans out for us and we're not the "other fans" watching from the sidelines during the playoffs next year.

Just because he is a season ticket holder and goes to all the games does not mean he knows what he is talking about when it comes to judging a good OC. Now he prolly does have a good feel about what the fanbase thinks about a OC. Like i said it takes more then one year to really get a fanbase hating you as a OC unless you are Terry Shea and it is clear you are over your head when it comes to calling a good game as an OC. Now im not saying your youtube buddy has no clue, he may be very knowlegable when it comes to football. Hell I am a season ticket holder, now i know what i do at every game and i have to tivo every game to watch it over when i am sober to really look at the game to judge what happened.

Just because he is a season ticket holder and goes to all the games does not mean he knows what he is talking about when it comes to judging a good OC. Now he prolly does have a good feel about what the fanbase thinks about a OC. Like i said it takes more then one year to really get a fanbase hating you as a OC unless you are Terry Shea and it is clear you are over your head when it comes to calling a good game as an OC. Now im not saying your youtube buddy has no clue, he may be very knowlegable when it comes to football. Hell I am a season ticket holder, now i know what i do at every game and i have to tivo every game to watch it over when i am sober to really look at the game to judge what happened.

And with that being said, that is exactly why I am on a message board, or youtube, or another fanbase website, because I am wanting to know what other fans think. I've met a bunch of Chicago Sports media and to tell you the truth I'd sooner hear things about our team from the fans themselves. Zach Zaban ( I am not saying he is) BUT COULD BE from NY, growing up a Giants fan his entire life. Then someday comes the day when the Bears let him go and all of a sudden he is working for the Colts and "all knowing" of everything going on there and what their fans think. Which to me is bullsheet.

So when someone like you posts your opinion on here, and I know very well that you are spending your hard earned cash on this team, your perspective of what is going on in our organization matters to me. And again, this is the way I feel about Piggy's perspective. He is a good guy....and I'm sure so are you. Cheers! :cheers