Change comming to O Line ...maybe

GrizzlyBear

Love Smith stated to the Tribune

Coach Lovie Smith talked about adding talent to the line with former first-round picks Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams returning from injuries. But he wouldn't say if Williams will be back at left guard where he started nine games last season.

"We've added a couple of guys and there are still a few options out there," Smith said. "Believe me, we want to do everything we can to open up holes for our running backs and protect Jay Cutler. We felt like we'll be able to do that."

Hopeful is all I can say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2679683.story

Love Smith stated to the Tribune

Coach Lovie Smith talked about adding talent to the line with former first-round picks Gabe Carimi and Chris Williams returning from injuries. But he wouldn't say if Williams will be back at left guard where he started nine games last season.

"We've added a couple of guys and there are still a few options out there," Smith said. "Believe me, we want to do everything we can to open up holes for our running backs and protect Jay Cutler. We felt like we'll be able to do that."

Hopeful is all I can say

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,2679683.story

I'm convinced C Williams is moving back to tackle and this was our plan all along. We already have 8 o-lineman who are a likly to make the roster IMO. When you look at these guys/projected starters:

LT Chris Williams/J Webb--these two battle it out for the spot IMO

LG Chris Spencer--it's reported we loved how he played at guard. He'll start

C Robert Garza--he's aging, but he's the line leader who has a good rapport with Cutler

RG Lance Louis--he kicked ass at this spot before he had to move out to RT

RT Gabe Carimi--it's his job if he's healthy

Others:

Chilo Rachal--a 5th year player and former 2nd round pick. He'll make the team.

Edwin Williams--he started 5 games in 2010 and 7 in 2011. We seem to like him. He'll make the team.

Agreed on all posts and have been on this band wagon for quite some time but Williams injury history should have been considered during this process.If that was taken into consideration you have to add atleast one body as a draft pick that you are commiting to develop. As fans we are currently looking at the list of undrafted OL that we think might help depth-wise.So we have to hope James Brown of Troy and AJ Greene of Albany are lightning in a bottle.