Negative Nancies

CrackerDog

Let's face it, nobody here predicted this draft would unfold the way it did. You guys know me, I'm a glass half full koolaid drinker. But... Most of this draft clearly fits into the following categories: 1 Reach 2 Risky 3 Tweener. Now as a fan I have to give Emery a chance to prove himself and so I will. We all hope for the best. But frankly, Emery's history with KC doesn't fill me with confidence and this draft looks flawed.

I guess getting Marshall makes me feel a little more comfortable with Emery but given that even that was tainted by the charges and this player's mental health condition, the jury is out.

Let's face it, nobody here predicted this draft would unfold the way it did. You guys know me, I'm a glass half full koolaid drinker. But... Most of this draft clearly fits into the following categories: 1 Reach 2 Risky 3 Tweener. Now as a fan I have to give Emery a chance to prove himself and so I will. We all hope for the best. But frankly, Emery's history with KC doesn't fill me with confidence and this draft looks flawed.

I guess getting Marshall makes me feel a little more comfortable with Emery but given that even that was tainted by the charges and this player's mental health condition, the jury is out.

What makes it interesting is he has a plan and pick what he thought was best for the team, not what was expected. He's not done and we have to see how everthing translates on the field, but have to say he has balls to do his thing.

Dont listen to the people saying McClellin is a tweener. He is the same size as several other good productive 4-3 DE's.

Jeffreys is a no brainer.

So you have two starters right away.

The Hardin pick is a Reach, Risky, Tweener.

The Rodriguez pick was a specific pick for a specific role on the team. Count him as a half starter.

6 and 7 rounders rarely stick so they will be battling the FA corners for roster space.

So out of the top four picks you have 2&1/2 starters with a potential for 4.

Thats pretty good for a draft.

Plus he picks up a tackle/guard as a UDFA that had a 3rd/4th round grade. I think that guy makes the roster.

Not sure what you mean about KC, they have a ton of talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball, most of which came from drafts that Emery was a part of.

Now obviously we will see how it ends up, but there are some things to be excited about.

Dont listen to the people saying McClellin is a tweener. He is the same size as several other good productive 4-3 DE's.

Jeffreys is a no brainer.

So you have two starters right away.

The Hardin pick is a Reach, Risky, Tweener.

The Rodriguez pick was a specific pick for a specific role on the team. Count him as a half starter.

6 and 7 rounders rarely stick so they will be battling the FA corners for roster space.

So out of the top four picks you have 2&1/2 starters with a potential for 4.

Thats pretty good for a draft.

Plus he picks up a tackle/guard as a UDFA that had a 3rd/4th round grade. I think that guy makes the roster.

Not sure what you mean about KC, they have a ton of talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball, most of which came from drafts that Emery was a part of.

Now obviously we will see how it ends up, but there are some things to be excited about.

If everything works out right we have Marshall,Jeffery,Bennett,Hester, Thomas, and Weems and I think that Summers/UFA sounds interesting. Then we might have a pass catching TE in Evan R. and I would have to say with Forte, Bush, we might have something happening in the Offensive Firepower category . We move C. Williams to LT or swing tackle, with the addition of Rachel, we might be ok at OL, at least up the middle,and we good to go. Can you imagine a red zone offense with Davis , Jeffery, and Marshall with Forte to throw to, you got something going.