Immediate Impact Rookies

adam

Jeffery #3 behind only RGIII and Richardson:

"The five wide receivers drafted ahead of him--Justin Blackmon (Jacksonville), Michael Floyd (Arizona), Kendall Wright (Tennessee), A.J. Jenkins (San Francisco), Stephen Hill (New York Jets)--all step into quarterback situations that may hamper them. With the Bears, Jeffery will catch passes from a surefire gunslinger in Jay Cutler. Jeffery's production at South Carolina last year took a hit partly because of some QB turnover. Chicago just got a dominant No. 1 in Brandon Marshall, and have some speedy, quick options in Johnny Knox and Devin Hester. Concerns about Jeffery's speed and burst won't be an issue working against No. 2 and No. 3 corners in the red zone."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.3.html

Jeffrey #3 behind only RGIII and Richardson:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.3.html

I have to continue to support that opinion because of my college season gushing about this kid. I like the fact that he will will not have to come in and be the number 1 and can get acclimated to the game watching some real veteran WRs that have a rapport with Cutler. In college when Stephen Garcia was the QB Jeffrey was outstanding. Jeffrey's production suffered from Garcia having a cocktail or two while he was on a short leash for violating team rules.

wonder what the hell #16 is doin' in that picture... ha!

LOL....Jeffrey just pushed him out of the way ike in a jump ball in basketball. These are the types of throws that Cutler will be making to Jeffrey and Marshall this year....the ones were the shorter DB cant get up to get. Red Zone look out.

wonder what the hell #16 is doin' in that picture... ha!

Hopefully what a bunch of DB's will be doing against him, just flailing at some jump balls.

Sounds good except someone doesn't realize that Knox will be lucky to play this year.

True, but I think the article was somewhat generalizing the situations. Knox would have had little impact on how Jeffery does. Guys like Cutler, Marshall, Forte, and Hester definitely will. Someone is going to get opportunities on every single down. Now it is up to Jay to find that mismatch and exploit it every down.