Chicago Bears Should Sign Tommie Harris

Wesson44

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1222885...efensive-tackle

The situation behind starter Henry Melton is precarious at best and could get worse in an instant. Nate Collins, Jordan Miller, John McCargo, Ronnie Cameron and DeMario Pressley are five players vying for the fourth defensive tackle spot on the Bears roster this year. These five players have made a combined one NFL start between them.

I would say Tommie Harris is precarious at best. There are a lot of teams that refused to take a chance on him at vet min level even with expanded rosters heading into training camp.

True but I think the argument is that they don't have the need at DT that we do, and TH is a 4th DT at this point. Also, he has experience in our system and connections to the locker room.

Maybe he's just not good enough, but there are reasons his value to us might be a little higher than to another team, so to simply say other teams passed isn't enough. If you think he just doesn't have it to beat out our other options at #4 DT, meager as they are, then that's a different story.

I don't think he has the ability to play anymore. He certainly didn't in his last years with us and there hasn't been any indication that has changed. He also couldn't practice so that locker room effect will be negligible. Plus Tommie had a lot of head case issues (and suspensions) so I don't exactly see him as a locker room leader. In his first year I don't think Emery wants one of JAs has-beens and I think he'd tend to gamble on the younger talent to see if he develops.

I don't think he has the ability to play anymore. He certainly didn't in his last years with us and there hasn't been any indication that has changed. He also couldn't practice so that locker room effect will be negligible. Plus Tommie had a lot of head case issues (and suspensions) so I don't exactly see him as a locker room leader. In his first year I don't think Emery wants one of JAs has-beens and I think he'd tend to gamble on the younger talent to see if he develops.

I still think he is better than some of the guys we signed. Plus he already knows the system as someone said before.