OT - Andre Smith

Guest TerraTor

And we have a surplus of RTs?

Explain yourself for this!

(Just kidding you don't have to).

I guess my point was that they can sign Smith if they'd like, but that still leaves that goof Webb on the left side.

I just cannot think of a way where Emery would choose to go into week 1 with Webb as his LT. If they don't sign a LT, they must draft one.

I guess my point was that they can sign Smith if they'd like, but that still leaves that goof Webb on the left side.

I just cannot think of a way where Emery would choose to go into week 1 with Webb as his LT. If they don't sign a LT, they must draft one.

Well thats what a lot of us thought last year, too......I'll reserve any hope until it actually happens. I fear this organization actually likes Webb as a starter. I have no issue with him as a backup swing T, but he's nothing more than that.

Well thats what a lot of us thought last year, too......I'll reserve any hope until it actually happens. I fear this organization actually likes Webb as a starter. I have no issue with him as a backup swing T, but he's nothing more than that.

At this time I have some faith that Trestman and Emery will get us a real LT. Webb an stay as a backup, but they need solid protection and Webb is not the guy.

Guest TerraTor
At this time I have some faith that Trestman and Emery will get us a real LT. Webb an stay as a backup, but they need solid protection and Webb is not the guy.

Much as I hate it, Our 1st RD pick shall be a LT

There are LTs to be had I'm sure...smith isn't one of them though. Carimi and Webb will battle it out for RT.

Also according to PFF Webb is an average LT. Wouldn't shock me if he had a spot on the line somewhere, I just hope it's not at LT where I want something more than average.

There are LTs to be had I'm sure...smith isn't one of them though. Carimi and Webb will battle it out for RT.

Also according to PFF Webb is an average LT. Wouldn't shock me if he had a spot on the line somewhere, I just hope it's not at LT where I want something more than average.

If you listened to Emery's presser...he knows he needs improvement on the O-line, but he may not be willing to sacrifice the rest of the team to do it. He may well be willing to tolerate "Average" if that's what he thinks he can get.