Was Urlacher joking?

KiLoc69

1. PFT like to basht he Bears. So any article putting the team in a bad light will be done so by Florio.

2. Probably joking with some truth behind it. I'm sure he's rather have been around when the Bears win their next one. I'm sure he'd be thrilled for his buddies.

3. If he's not joking, it wouldn't surprise me either. He's been known to be a little surly, and didn't like how he was let go.

I personally don't really care all that much. My preference is that he'd just man up and say he wishes he could still be there, but a championship for the city regardless who's playing is what he'd like to see. But, he's not that kind of guy. I know this, so I don't expect it.

I still like him as a player. #54 in uniform. Out of uniform, he's not of interest really. No charisma and a little too negative. Time could help that... But not the charisma thing.

Haven't seen this discussed anywhere but PFT, but what is the sense in Chicago? Was Urlacher just joking that he didn't want the Bears to win this year without him?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...owl-without-me/

Haven't seen this discussed anywhere but PFT, but what is the sense in Chicago? Was Urlacher just joking that he didn't want the Bears to win this year without him?

If you ignore the inflammatory headline you will see that he never said that he doesn't want them to win a SB, but that he would be pissed if they did. HUGE difference.

I agree with LT, the media is blowing this out of proportion. Urlacher is not what he used to be physically but that doesn't mean he still doesn't desire to be on the field with his teammates. It would be frustrating for him to see them win the Superbowl the first season of his retirement but in no way do I think that means he does not want them to win it.

I didn't get that sense at all. He said he would happy for all his friends to win it. Of course he wishes he could be there with the team to win it. Gotta look at the setting of the interview. He was on golf course completely laid back. Him and the other dude were joking around and having a good time throughout interview. He said he loves the city and respects the entire organization except for 2 ppl but wouldn't name names. This was local media completely over blowing a silly statement