final cuts

bowlingtwig

Impressed with this coaching staff. Not simply because they cut Webb but their decisiveness in rebuilding the entire Oline throughout camp and preseason. Of course the cap stone is cutting Webb first thing this morning.

I'll say it and few will believe it but Webb will find work this year in the league. Somebody will need a backup swing OT and he's too intriguing with his athletic ability and coaches always think a fresh start in their system will help a player.

Not totally surprised they cut Palmer as I said in another post...he's still available if we need him, or Edwards, and later in the year Blanchard will be too. If he's needed, the 3rd string QB is the end of your season so might as well keep a roster spot for a developmental player who has the ability to be a true starter in the league. If that isn't your 3rd QB might as well keep a player like DE Washington.

Good bye jwebb. He progressed so much he went from starting LT 2 yrs in a row to cut the very nxt yr. He announced this via Twitter.

But but but the stats say he progressed!!!

Webb gave up one less penalty than Bushrod last year!

I can't believe they would cut him!!!!!

Hahahahahaha

Impressed with this coaching staff. Not simply because they cut Webb but their decisiveness in rebuilding the entire Oline throughout camp and preseason. Of course the cap stone is cutting Webb first thing this morning.

I'll say it and few will believe it but Webb will find work this year in the league. Somebody will need a backup swing OT and he's too intriguing with his athletic ability and coaches always think a fresh start in their system will help a player.

Not totally surprised they cut Palmer as I said in another post...he's still available if we need him, or Edwards, and later in the year Blanchard will be too. If he's needed, the 3rd string QB is the end of your season so might as well keep a roster spot for a developmental player who has the ability to be a true starter in the league. If that isn't your 3rd QB might as well keep a player like DE Washington.

Maybe the raiders. They need all the help they can get

I don't get the Palmer cut. I don't agree with only having 2 QB's on the active roster. I think that's insane, just as I did last year.

I tend to agree with you. Especially with a new system, new oline. You never know.

Why not be prepared at the most important position on the field.

I tend to agree with you. Especially with a new system, new oline. You never know.

Why not be prepared at the most important position on the field.

One o those two will be available if, God forbid, we need a 3rd QB. Then, if it happens, we're pretty much screwed either way.

I was rooting for Hardin. Got a raw deal with missing his senior year because of injury.

Just saw on ESPN that Hardin was technically waived/injured since he apparently fractured his scapula in the Brown game. If he passes through the waiver wire then he will end up on the Bears IR. The guy is made of glass.

LOL! Good to see you having a sense of humor about it. Frankly, even though I never agreed with you on Webb, I applauded your tenacity. It ain't easy having everyone come down on you about something and stick to your guns.

Lol thanks man, even with him being cut I'd still stick to my guns, but it'd all be a waste of time now that he's gone.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/

Here is a list of the Chicago Bears’ confirmed cuts as of Friday afternoon:

OT J’Marcus Webb

QB Jordan Palmer

S Brandon Hardin

S Tom Nelson

OL Edwin Williams

WR Josh Lenz

LB Jerry Franklin

WR Brittan Golden

LS Brandon Hartson

QB Trent Edwards

OL Derek Dennis

RB Armando Allen

TE Fendi Onobun

DE Josh Williams

DE Aston Whiteside

FB Harvey Unga

DT Christian Tupou

CB Demontre Hurst

We were trying to trade Earl Bennett but we can't cut him until he is fully healthy or we give him an injury settlement. The Bears clearly have young players they like and want to protect in Wilson and perhaps Washington. It's possible when Earl is healthy that we'll cut him and re-sign Jordan Palmer. I still lean toward the idea of us keeping just two QBs.