Martellus Bennett

AZ54

After a shaky start Martellus certainly looks like a great signing. His catch in the end zone (out of bounds) was incredible but the fact he was hurt, stayed in and still made more plays including a twisting back shoulder grab that only the best WRs make to win the game was something we haven't seen in years from a TE. Greg Olsen wasn't even able to make as acrobatic catches as what we've seen from Bennett. Only two games in and he's played a key role in both victories. Teams are going to have to pay more attention to him in pass coverage and that will open things up even more for Forte and Jeffrey.

Speaking of Forte: He quietly had a much better day than AP with 90 yds rushing and 71 yds receiving. I say quietly because he is not getting any props from the media as they like to focus on the spectacular plays (or the "100yds rushing target") but he generated consistent offense for us throughout the game.

Chicago Bears tight end Martellus Bennett revealed Sunday he’s playing with a shoulder injury, but coach Marc Trestman said Monday that he’s “scheduled to play this week.”

“He was negative in terms of his… he had a bruise, but nothing significant,” Trestman said. “He had a full range of motion today.”

Bennett caught nine passes for 76 yards and a career-high two touchdowns, including the game-winning score from 16 yards out with just 10 seconds left in the game. Bennett caught a 23-yard pass three plays before the game winner, and shook Vikings linebacker Erin Henderson to gain extra yardage.

Bennett sustained the injury in the second quarter, and said, “probably so” when asked whether he expected the shoulder to be an issue as the season progresses.

“It was an issue today,” Bennett said. "But I was still able to play. There’s nothing I can do about it. If it hurts, it hurts. If it doesn’t, that’s a great thing.”

Link

Forte was the one guy in fantasy football I really wanted. He's going to have a tremendous year.

The props will come for Forte, he is well known and well respected in the league but AP will get the most attention of any RB on the field that day more often then not regardless of who the Vikings are playing. He "is" their offense. Teams focus on shutting him down and daring them to beat them through the air.

Forte was a guy I also highly targeted in the fantasy draft and about crapped myself when he fell to me in round 2 after taking Lynch in the first round (I had the 4th pick). A QB run pushed Forte to to the end of the 2nd round which never happened in the mocks I'd participated in. He is going to have a monster year. I felt he was largely underused last year. We've already seen him be more involved in the offense. As the season goes he'll get more props and accolades.

And I agree on Bennett, watching him play the thought that keeps coming to my mind is "Davis would never have caught that. He's better than Davis by light years and he's better than Olson. Why the Giant's let him go is beyond me, but I'm glad they did and glad we have him. He has been a big part of this offense, and his presence along with Jefferies is paying dividends, teams can no longer say "We'll just shut down Marshall, As Jefferies continues to develop this offense could be tough to stop/defend.

What shaky start? Preseason?

Other than that comment, you're points are both spot on. Forte was the one guy in fantasy football I really wanted. He's going to have a tremendous year.

From week 1:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...a-big-game.html

It’s early yet, but it seems best to step aside when Bennett gets on a roll, which is most of the time. He certainly was rolling Monday, a day after he dropped the first pass thrown his way, caught the first touchdown pass of the season for the Bears, was flagged twice for holding and threw a key block on a fourth-and-one play that helped his team beat the Bengals in the season opener.

From week 1:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...a-big-game.html

It’s early yet, but it seems best to step aside when Bennett gets on a roll, which is most of the time. He certainly was rolling Monday, a day after he dropped the first pass thrown his way, caught the first touchdown pass of the season for the Bears, was flagged twice for holding and threw a key block on a fourth-and-one play that helped his team beat the Bengals in the season opener.

OK. I just saw his overall game 1 as a net positive so I never really thought he was off to a slow start. I stand corrected.