Not sure if this has been talked about

Chitownhustla

Cutler looks totally different dropping back and planting from last few years to this year, even when there is pressure he seems to be more confident. This is only week three, the more reps and more plays that go into the play book this O should only get better. Dumping off to Forte has been great. Take what the D gives us. Im really excited to see where this O goes. With our D we should be in every game, if the O is able to keep getting better this should be awesome to watch.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from the Offense, especially with the way they have started. They seem to get off to a good start and then get conservative, then pick it back up in the fourth. They need to learn how to keep their foot on the necks of these D's. Offenses will stall at some point of a game, Im just hoping they stop stalling for so long.

If we had to grade Emery right now, I would give him an A+ for what he did with the O's personnel and the hiring of Trestman and company. I know its early but this grade goes on what Ive seen these last three weeks. Worst case we finish the first quarter of the season at 3-1, best case 4-0. Beginning this season this is better than what I would have asked for. New coach, new system I really didn't know what to expect.

Is Trestman really the QB Whisperer??? lol

Agreed, and another thing that hasn't been talked about that was brought to light Sunday night was just how quick he's getting rid of the ball. I know the revamped line has a lot to do with the fact that Jay has only been sacked 3 times but Jay getting rid of the ball as quick as he has deserves a lot of credit as well.

The announcers Sunday clocked how quick he got rid of the ball and said something like "even the best sack artists can't get to him with how quick he gets rid of the ball". There were 2 times where they showed him get rid of the ball under 2 seconds, which is huge.

I think this is where Trestman deserves the most credit. I don't remember what the numbers were but I remember it being noted here that the Allouttes gave up some ridiculous amount of sacks the year before Trestman got there and then with the same line in Trestmans first year they gave up a considerably less amount of sacks...That was more than likely due to the fact that Trestman got the QB to get rid of the ball quicker.

It goes without saying that I really like seeing that.

Agreed, and another thing that hasn't been talked about that was brought to light Sunday night was just how quick he's getting rid of the ball. I know the revamped line has a lot to do with the fact that Jay has only been sacked 3 times but Jay getting rid of the ball as quick as he has deserves a lot of credit as well.

The announcers Sunday clocked how quick he got rid of the ball and said something like "even the best sack artists can't get to him with how quick he gets rid of the ball". There were 2 times where they showed him get rid of the ball under 2 seconds, which is huge.

I think this is where Trestman deserves the most credit. I don't remember what the numbers were but I remember it being noted here that the Allouttes gave up some ridiculous amount of sacks the year before Trestman got there and then with the same line in Trestmans first year they gave up a considerably less amount of sacks...That was more than likely due to the fact that Trestman got the QB to get rid of the ball quicker.

It goes without saying that I really like seeing that.

Totally forgot about the segment about how quick Cutler is getting rid of the ball, that was really insane how big a difference there was. That has a lot to do with Cutler taking the coaching and the system which all comes from Trestman and then Kromer and who ever the qb coach is.

Quick throws is a great way to get Cutler in a groove and build some confidence that the oline is going to give him some time. They talked about this on 670. it looks likes Cutler believes in this system or has bought in. That is huge.

You are right about Trestman in Canada, the stat is something crazy like 60 to 70 sacks the year before and then it was down to 10 to 20 his first year. Don't quote me on that whatever the number was it was a huge drop.

If we had to grade Emery right now, I would give him an A+

I refuse to give him a grade until I get more data. If I had to give him a grade right now it would be I (incomplete).

His draft last year doesn't look much better than it did at the start of the season with Jeffrey being the only apparent keeper in the bunch. Hardin was a known injury risk and whaddayaknow? Shea might still improve but he's never going to be a first round value. This year's draft is still to early to evaluate but clearly looks better than last year's. I obviously like some of the free agency moves he's made and the Trestman pick was gutsy and has certainly panned out so far.

I think lke everything involved this year, there are no final grades. We can only judge what we've seen so far....

At this point, he gets a solid B+ from me. He's done far better than average at this point. I amnot sure what restrictions, either implied or exact, were on his last draft (McLennin?). But given Alshon and his hits this past draft in Mills and Long (and who know who else...), along with his FA signing of the Unicorn and others...that's some good work so far.

Think of this as a progress report. Final grades aren't out. But, right now this is how he's doing...

I refuse to give him a grade until I get more data. If I had to give him a grade right now it would be I (incomplete).

His draft last year doesn't look much better than it did at the start of the season with Jeffrey being the only apparent keeper in the bunch. Hardin was a known injury risk and whaddayaknow? Shea might still improve but he's never going to be a first round value. This year's draft is still to early to evaluate but clearly looks better than last year's. I obviously like some of the free agency moves he's made and the Trestman pick was gutsy and has certainly panned out so far.

Totally forgot about the segment about how quick Cutler is getting rid of the ball, that was really insane how big a difference there was. That has a lot to do with Cutler taking the coaching and the system which all comes from Trestman and then Kromer and who ever the qb coach is.

Quick throws is a great way to get Cutler in a groove and build some confidence that the oline is going to give him some time. They talked about this on 670. it looks likes Cutler believes in this system or has bought in. That is huge.

You are right about Trestman in Canada, the stat is something crazy like 60 to 70 sacks the year before and then it was down to 10 to 20 his first year. Don't quote me on that whatever the number was it was a huge drop.

It was crazy seeing the clock on Jay. Watching the games this season it's clear Jay has been getting it out quicker but to see the actual time from snap to throw was eye opening. For the past few years here in Chicago one thing that has been a big knock on Jay has been his propensity to hold onto to the ball too long creating sack situations and making the line issues even more obvious. The mechanics, and timing of Jay's drop, plant, read, and throw are vastly improved. They also pointed out that Trestman has him holding the ball higher and I think that helps his throwing motion to be more compact and thus quicker. His trust for the line is also apparent as he now feels comfortable stepping up into the pocket rather than allowing the outside rush to get to him. This really helps the tackles allowing them to push the defender past Jay as he steps up. Stepping up in the pocket has also helped him see running lanes better when they are there to use his feet. It'd have been interesting if in the segment where they timed his throws, to also include clips of the past few years where he was holding the ball too long. There were times when he was holding the ball past 3-5 seconds and getting plastered.

Take that to those media talking heads who labeled Jay as unteachable, broken, stubborn. I think Trestman/Kromer and the new additions to the Line have been a breath of fresh air for Jay. It's one thing to keep switching from crap system to crap system and then developing a negative or pessimistic outlook. I think any of us would have appeared unteachable or damaged if we were in Jay's shoes there was no real effort in helping, protecting, or giving him weapons. We went from bad system to bad system to bad system. We finally have a system that has reason to be optimistic. I think it's more that Jay can see the light at the end of the tunnel and he's all for that.

My grading was really on what he did to the offense and with the hiring of Trestman. The offense really only has Cutler, Forte and Garza from the old regime. If I were to grade on the entire time he has been here it would not be a A+. I didn't love his first draft but I didn't hate it either.

I hope McCellin turns out, added weight and strength will be crucial, didn't love this pick but didn't hate it either. Loved the Alshon pick, I almost wanted him in the first. Hardin, I liked the pro day results but didn't really love this pick. To be a top contender you have to really draft well in the first three rounds every year. Especially the first two rounds. Right now we know Hardin was a bust or not a good pick

Long looks to be a beast

Bostic looks like he has big play potential

Greene - I liked what I saw from him in preseason

Mills- starting at right tackle, great 4th round pick so far

Second draft for Emery is already looking better than the first draft. I'll give Emery the benefit of the doubt on the first draft being that it was his first time running the war room. The more Im really excited with where this team is heading. I hope Emery and Trestman keep it up.

The D is going to need some retooling fast, hope Emery has a plan.

So far, Emery has drafted McClellin, Frey, Jeffery, Long, Mills, Bostic, and Greene. All of these guys are getting significant playing time- offense, defense, or special teams- and that's all you can ask out of drafts. Draft solid prospects who can make an impact on your team, and right now, they are all are on a 3-0 team. So far, so good.

My grading was really on what he did to the offense and with the hiring of Trestman. The offense really only has Cutler, Forte and Garza from the old regime. If I were to grade on the entire time he has been here it would not be a A+. I didn't love his first draft but I didn't hate it either.

I hope McCellin turns out, added weight and strength will be crucial, didn't love this pick but didn't hate it either. Loved the Alshon pick, I almost wanted him in the first. Hardin, I liked the pro day results but didn't really love this pick. To be a top contender you have to really draft well in the first three rounds every year. Especially the first two rounds. Right now we know Hardin was a bust or not a good pick

Long looks to be a beast

Bostic looks like he has big play potential

Greene - I liked what I saw from him in preseason

Mills- starting at right tackle, great 4th round pick so far

Second draft for Emery is already looking better than the first draft. I'll give Emery the benefit of the doubt on the first draft being that it was his first time running the war room. The more Im really excited with where this team is heading. I hope Emery and Trestman keep it up.

The D is going to need some retooling fast, hope Emery has a plan.

Mills was a 5th round pick. Greene was their 2013 4th.