Why are we not throwing to Forte more?

KiLoc69

You can't go to the well too often. GB blew up 2-3 attempted screens and were looking for it all night long. I think his targets are about where they should be.

He is definitely thriving in this offense. If we were 6-2 and didn't lose that WAS game, he would have to be in the MVP conversation. Right now he is 4th in the league for total yards from scrimmage at 121.8 yards a game with 7 TDs. Only Charles (123.8), McCoy (122.8), and Bush (121.9) are ahead of him and he is only 2 yards per game from the top.

This has been driving me crazy all season! We are not getting any lanes for him again tonight and we had success with a dump off to him earlier. Why are we not using one of his biggest strengths?

I agree, get him the rock. The Bears have the weapons to be really great. I figured the O would go through some growing pains this season. I had hoped the O was hitting full steam by this week. Cutty being out really was disappointing as I would have liked to see him play well against the Pack. With Cutty back against the Loins I hope they get Forte going early and often against the Lions. With nine weeks under the O's belt we should start to see some big improvements in the consistency department.

You can't go to the well too often. GB blew up 2-3 attempted screens and were looking for it all night long. I think his targets are about where they should be.

He is definitely thriving in this offense. If we were 6-2 and didn't lose that WAS game, he would have to be in the MVP conversation. Right now he is 4th in the league for total yards from scrimmage at 121.8 yards a game with 7 TDs. Only Charles (123.8), McCoy (122.8), and Bush (121.9) are ahead of him and he is only 2 yards per game from the top.

I don't necessarily mean screens. I love the play where he chip blocks then releases but many times he is just being used as a blocker. I think he should be getting 45-60 catches a season to get maximum production from his skill set...