Ravens @ Bears, 11/17/13

balta1701-A

It was a highly entertaining game and I know at times we can get a little too fired up in either direction but felt it was a good game thread. I miss the days when many of us would jump into the chat room and have a good live discussion.

Glad you joined the game thread the more the better.

Ahh the good ole days of the chatroom. Now days that I'm on road for most games I have to settle for this which is just as good

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is that not a helmet to helmet flag when their return guy lowers the crown of his helmet to initiate the hit? is it because he's a Ravens player?

You guys are freaking hilarious. The helmet-to-helmet is NEVER called on the guy with the ball. Never! The only way that's getting called is if the defender is standing erect, and the ball carrier lowers his head and hits the defender square in the middle of the sternum. Never gonna happen because the defender is also always going to lower his body/head to make a tackle.

Oh, and BTW, it was most definitely a horse collar. In fact, it was textbook.

You guys are freaking hilarious. The helmet-to-helmet is NEVER called on the guy with the ball. Never! The only way that's getting called is if the defender is standing erect, and the ball carrier lowers his head and hits the defender square in the middle of the sternum. Never gonna happen because the defender is also always going to lower his body/head to make a tackle.

Oh, and BTW, it was most definitely a horse collar. In fact, it was textbook.

We know its never called but out gripe was the NFL just came out with that rule during the off season specifically pointing out offensive guys who do it. If they are gonna have rule about then maybe just maybe they should call as it was designed/written