Did you see Cutler

CrackerDog

this isn't a video game, this is what receivers do. sometimes the ball is thrown perfect and sometimes it's on the receiver to make the adjustment to make that catch. that is the game of football.

LOL!

And I guess Emery must disagree with Genius JasonTM. Signed Cutler as fast as he could after the season. Emery must think Jay had a pretty good game against GB.

Now he better get to work on the D...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!

And I guess Emery must disagree with Genius JasonTM. Signed Cutler as fast as he could after the season. Emery must think Jay had a pretty good game against GB.

Where have I ever come out against Cutler? I've stated the following:

-Cutler Production + Cutler money

I like Cutler. I love having a franchise QB after all these years. What I don't like is overpaying for a QB who has not proven himself elite.

Also, please stop with the tired insults and insinuation that executives can do no wrong. It's been disproven time and time again. This board would do just as good of a job drafting players and paying them within the confines of the salary cap. Probably a better job than what we've seen the last decade or so.

Where have I ever come out against Cutler? I've stated the following:

-Cutler Production + Cutler money

I like Cutler. I love having a franchise QB after all these years. What I don't like is overpaying for a QB who has not proven himself elite.

Also, please stop with the tired insults and insinuation that executives can do no wrong. It's been disproven time and time again. This board would do just as good of a job drafting players and paying them within the confines of the salary cap. Probably a better job than what we've seen the last decade or so.

Your math is a little squirrely but whatever. On the $18 mil per season, all I've seen is that's what the first 3 years average. And that probably takes into account signing bonus, various roster bonuses, possible incentives, etc. Until I hear all of those things, you know, facts, I won't harshly judge the deal like you apparently have. If some of that money is in the form of various types of bonuses, and this being a 7 year deal, it could be very accommodating to the team. And with them having $46 mil in cap space (best in the league) this could leave a lot of money to chase FA's.

But I realize you won't listen to any of that. You're better than Emery and most NFL GM's. A legend in your own mind.

LOL!

Emery and Trestman are now tied to Cutler.

Your math is a little squirrely but whatever. On the $18 mil per season, all I've seen is that's what the first 3 years average. And that probably take into account signing bonus, various roster bonuses, possible incentives, etc. Until I hear all of those things, you know, facts, I won't harshly judge the deal like you apparently have. If some of that money is in the form of various types of bonuses, and this being a 7 year deal, it could be very accommodating to the team. And with them having $46 mil in cap space (best in the league) this coould leave a lot of money to chase FA's.

But I realize you won't listen to any of that. You're better than Emery and most NFL GM's. A legend in your own mind.

I said "damn near" the same. The math is not off at all. Numerous media reports are saying he got an average of $18M per year. According to spotrac - a site many here have mentioned in the past - that's basically Peyton Manning money.

Where did I say it would kill the Bears financially? Try reading my post. I'm talking about the value of one player vs. his production. I knew the Bears had tons of cap space and could make this deal, but that doesn't automatically make it a good deal. Just because a millionaire can pay $1000 for a candy bar doesn't make it a smart financial decision.

If you spent half as much time getting your head out of your ass as you do trying to take digs at me, maybe you'd realize what I posted was accurate.