Lions new HC

adam

Lions sent owner's private plane to San Diego to pick up Ken Whisenhunt today, according to @RapSheet. Whiz did not get on that plane.

https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/status/422870617138819073

Just think how they felt when a drunk Jim Schwartz came off the plane instead.

And what does this say of the Lions' gig? Jim Caldwell might be a fine fallback option, or perhaps Mike Munchak, with both having been former head coaches with solid resumés. However, the fact that Whisenhunt turned down the chance to coach a franchise-caliber quarterback, the best wide receiver in the game and other talented parts — seemingly more talented than the team he picked — is alarming to say the least.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...36877--nfl.html

This is a good point, DET seems like a better core over TEN yet he chose the Titans. It must be Nashville over Detroit.

From the outside looking in, I have no idea why any potential head coach would turn down a job with the Detroit Lions. Its the best job available by faaaaar.

Actually, after listening today on the radio, they had some great points why it would not be:

1. It is Detroit, enjoy the city

2. The team is tied to Stafford, and some do not think he is a franchise QB

2a. Stafford said he doesn't need to be coached

3. More money offered elsewhere

4. You have to play the Bears and Packers twice a year, and AP twice a year, not an easy division

5. Did I already say you would have to live near Detroit

6. Team has a few superstars, and then no one else. One injury away from being more mediocre

Actually, after listening today on the radio, they had some great points why it would not be:

6. Team has a few superstars, and then no one else. One injury away from being more mediocre

I don't see where #6 is needed as they have already achieved that level of mediocrity without the injuries to key players.

I don't see where #6 is needed as they have already achieved that level of mediocrity without the injuries to key players.

Well they had a 2 game lead in the division with 4 to play. They surely imploded, but they would not even been in the picture with an injury to Megatron or Suh for a significant amount of time.