Wade Phillips wants a job

scs787

So should every other team needing a DC but yet he didn't get a call....from anyone.

That is those teams stupidity and I at least understand if those teams have competent DC's. Last I checked our defense was one of the worst in NFL history this past year and the worst in franchise history. Not sure any other defense could say that, outside of say Dallas, and you could understand why Dallas wouldn't call Phillips (and I'm guessing Phillips wouldn't answer).

That is those teams stupidity and I at least understand if those teams have competent DC's. Last I checked our defense was one of the worst in NFL history this past year and the worst in franchise history. Not sure any other defense could say that, outside of say Dallas, and you could understand why Dallas wouldn't call Phillips (and I'm guessing Phillips wouldn't answer).

But injuries blah blah blah Mel Tucker blah blah blah fair shake blah blah blah ...still a horrible coach, no players improved during the season, same mistakes all season, zero adjustments to compensate for injury. I completely agree with you! Sorry couldn't help myself :)

And how ironic is it that both teams ran the same scheme, had crippling injuries, and both kept their DC.

I wonder why?

Oh yeah, injuries fuckin suck.

And how ironic is it that both teams ran the same scheme, had crippling injuries, and both kept their DC.

I wonder why?

Oh yeah, injuries fuckin suck.

Actually I am pretty sure the only reason Dallas kept theirs is Jerry was still butt hurting from the backlash of letting Rob Ryan go and didn't want to chance that again so soon. Funny how Billicheck could keep his defense semi decent, NO could keep their D at the top of their game to name just a few with lots of injuries. Oh yeah, they have a DC/coach that actually knows how to run a D and were able to adjust schemes. Not to mention when something wasn't working, CHANGE it. How many weeks did they have to watch Bostic run around out there completely lost, before maybe moving say, James Anderson inside as he has played some MLB, moving Bostic outside or inserting Constanza there depending who played better and when Briggs came back had a linebacking group of Briggs/Anderson/Bostic or Greene in there. Instead they left the middle linebacker in the position to fail. As you so often like to mention injuries, to the middle of the line made that the weakest part of the defense. So by putting a Veteran that actually knows how to play at the speeds of the NFL to help solidify the middle of the D instead of a rookie completely lost out there, would have made sense.

Actually I am pretty sure the only reason Dallas kept theirs is Jerry was still butt hurting from the backlash of letting Rob Ryan go and didn't want to chance that again so soon. Funny how Billicheck could keep his defense semi decent, NO could keep their D at the top of their game to name just a few with lots of injuries. Oh yeah, they have a DC/coach that actually knows how to run a D and were able to adjust schemes. Not to mention when something wasn't working, CHANGE it. How many weeks did they have to watch Bostic run around out there completely lost, before maybe moving say, James Anderson inside as he has played some MLB, moving Bostic outside or inserting Constanza there depending who played better and when Briggs came back had a linebacking group of Briggs/Anderson/Bostic or Greene in there. Instead they left the middle linebacker in the position to fail. As you so often like to mention injuries, to the middle of the line made that the weakest part of the defense. So by putting a Veteran that actually knows how to play at the speeds of the NFL to help solidify the middle of the D instead of a rookie completely lost out there, would have made sense.

Lmao to the bold. Ya, that makes a whole lot of sense.

How many times do I have to address the Saints and New England?? They still had impact players on the field....Bears had shit left on defense.

I don't fault them for keeping Bostic where he was, it's where he was drafted to play. Giving up on him after a few games is just silly, you gotta hope he turns it around.

Blame of LBs being put in wrong places and no one improving. I'm sorry but isn't that why trestman let the LB coach walk as that is there sole responsibility. I would have let Tucker walk because he is responsible for a game plan that changes as need be. Although I disagree with the decision I can understand it and willing to give him a 2nd yr

Future news headlines:

Dateline September 7, 2014:

Equipment Manager Tony Medlin closes equipment locker on Henry Melton's pinky in 1st Quarter- Melton misses two plays, Bucs rush for 200 yards for the game; Mel Tucker asked about performance after game: "Henry's injury put us in a whole, we lost too many plays to his injury, we couldn't recover".

Dateline December 28, 2014:

Speaker system at Ford Field causes temporary hearing loss for Lance Briggs, star misses 2 quarters of play. Bears lose game 48-45.

An amazing run of time lost to injuries by the Bears' defensive starters ended today as Lance Briggs' two quarters of loss playing time brings game time lost for the season to 3 games for the defensive starters. DC Mel Tucker was at a loss for words after Calvin Johnson torched Peanut Tillman for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns while Reggie Bush ran for 160 and two TDs; " I thought our guys played hard, we just couldn't overcome Lance's injury, its been that way all season. The next man up just did not get the job done".

Dateline January 5, 2015:

Bear's President Ted Phillips declined to comment after the team issued a press release that Marc Trestman had been relieved of his duties as Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator Mel Tucker had been promoted to the position.

Lets not compare Monte Kiffin and Mel Tucker.

And why not??? His team gave up the 3rd most yards in NFL history. Not just Cowboys franchise history, the whole NFL. I thought good DCs were supposed to "Sheme differently" when injuries happen to prevent their defenses from being historically bad?

Future news headlines:

Dateline September 7, 2014:

Equipment Manager Tony Medlin closes equipment locker on Henry Melton's pinky in 1st Quarter- Melton misses two plays, Bucs rush for 200 yards for the game; Mel Tucker asked about performance after game: "Henry's injury put us in a whole, we lost too many plays to his injury, we couldn't recover".

Dateline December 28, 2014:

Speaker system at Ford Field causes temporary hearing loss for Lance Briggs, star misses 2 quarters of play. Bears lose game 48-45.

An amazing run of time lost to injuries by the Bears' defensive starters ended today as Lance Briggs' two quarters of loss playing time brings game time lost for the season to 3 games for the defensive starters. DC Mel Tucker was at a loss for words after Calvin Johnson torched Peanut Tillman for 175 yards and 3 touchdowns while Reggie Bush ran for 160 and two TDs; " I thought our guys played hard, we just couldn't overcome Lance's injury, its been that way all season. The next man up just did not get the job done".

Dateline January 5, 2015:

Bear's President Ted Phillips declined to comment after the team issued a press release that Marc Trestman had been relieved of his duties as Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator Mel Tucker had been promoted to the position.

This is silly.

It wasn't just one guy missing.

This is silly.

It wasn't just one guy missing.

Yes, yes it is. Just an attempt to add some brevity to a subject we all feel pretty strongly about. As for Mel Tucker, all will be revealed next year. Personally, I think he is going to fail and injuries will not be available to be used in his defense.

Yes, yes it is. Just an attempt to add some brevity to a subject we all feel pretty strongly about. As for Mel Tucker, all will be revealed next year. Personally, I think he is going to fail and injuries will not be available to be used in his defense.

It's possible, I won't pretend that its not. With all, or at least most the focus being on defense this offseason I'm hoping for at least middle of the pack. I think that's completely plausible barring an injury shit show.

And why not??? His team gave up the 3rd most yards in NFL history. Not just Cowboys franchise history, the whole NFL. I thought good DCs were supposed to "Sheme differently" when injuries happen to prevent their defenses from being historically bad?

Kiffin is probably past his prime, but he is arguably the greatest DC in NFL history. If you are going to give anyone some slack, he'd be the guy. And to be frank, I probably would have fired him too. It would seem like he's lost it a bit (given his tenure at USC and what happened at Dallas). However, his track record vs. Tucker's track record is not even in the same stratosphere.

Kiffin is probably past his prime, but he is arguably the greatest DC in NFL history. If you are going to give anyone some slack, he'd be the guy. And to be frank, I probably would have fired him too. It would seem like he's lost it a bit (given his tenure at USC and what happened at Dallas). However, his track record vs. Tucker's track record is not even in the same stratosphere.

Meh, track records should hold no ground in this argument. You guys are talking about how a good DC would have been at least not historically bad despite injuries. What difference does it make that he's been good in the past. You did add that you would have fired him so I can't dispute this post too much.