2014 Fantasy Football Thread

DrunkBomber

I had the Lions D who was cheap for whatever reason and they did work scoring me 21 points....6 points outta Eli and 9 out of a high priced Julio Jones killed me.

I really expected more out of Bridgewater that game. He really looked crisp the first game and ran it a lot instead of making throughs that could be TO's. I tought it would be a low scoring close game going in, so I thought they had potention. Oakland had turned it over so much, I thought it was the way to go. I guess I shoulda watched the Charger's D some.

Eli is to spuradic in fantasy, and I felt it would be a game with a lot of running. Jones I didn't want to gamble on. I had a feeling the Bears D line would show up against the patchwork Falcons Oline, and he would be covered bye good corners that would keep his catched down. I honestly expected a TD, and thought that would Hester would thrive at their WR position cause the Bears lack of nickel, or White cause he was cheap on draft kings. I hate starting WR's on a team with that many options tho.

Who are your locks this week? I will look at fan duels pricing and give you criticism good or bad, and who i like to help fill in.

I wait till Sunday morning to pick my lineup to be honest. Week 1 I made 7 different lineup changes throughout the week. My original lineup would have won me 300 dollars, my final lineup didn't win me shit. So I now make 1 lineup and just stick with my gut.

I will say that I'm pretty much locked in on Carson Palmer against the Raiders as a cheap QB. He's been good while he's been out there, he's playing his old team, and the Raiders are awful.....Hoping going cheap on a QB will help maximize the rest of my lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

Close matchup this week I'm the #2 team and I'm facing the #1 team. 10 team PPR

I like my lineup except I'm struggling over the WR 2 spot. I have too many good backs to sit one to play both Becham and Smith. Smith's really dropped in production lately but has a good matchup, Beckham has benefited from the Cruz injury but has a tough matchup. A third option I could drop maybe McKinnon and pick up Crabtree or Devante Adams.

Ideally with RB's coming out my arse I'm trying to trade some of that depth for a solid WR2. and possibly another TE since Olson's kinda struggled lately too.

My starters are:

QB Matt Stafford vs Fish

RB1 Matt Forte @ Packers

RB2 Andre Ellington vs Rams

WR1 Jordy Nelson vs Bears

WR2 O. Beckham @ seachickens

Flex LeSean McCoy vs Panthers

TE Greg Olsen @ Eagles

K Chandler Catanzaro vs Rams

D/ST Cards vs Rams

Bench

Justin Forsett vs titans

Steve Smith vs Titans

Tom Brady Bye

Ryan Matthews Bye

Jerick McKinnon Bye

DeAndre Hopkins Bye

Close matchup this week I'm the #2 team and I'm facing the #1 team. 10 team PPR

I like my lineup except I'm struggling over the WR 2 spot. I have too many good backs to sit one to play both Becham and Smith. Smith's really dropped in production lately but has a good matchup, Beckham has benefited from the Cruz injury but has a tough matchup. A third option I could drop maybe McKinnon and pick up Crabtree or Devante Adams.

Ideally with RB's coming out my arse I'm trying to trade some of that depth for a solid WR2. and possibly another TE since Olson's kinda struggled lately too.

My starters are:

QB Matt Stafford vs Fish

RB1 Matt Forte @ Packers

RB2 Andre Ellington vs Rams

WR1 Jordy Nelson vs Bears

WR2 O. Beckham @ seachickens

Flex LeSean McCoy vs Panthers

TE Greg Olsen @ Eagles

K Chandler Catanzaro vs Rams

D/ST Cards vs Rams

Bench

Justin Forsett vs titans

Steve Smith vs Titans

Tom Brady Bye

Ryan Matthews Bye

Jerick McKinnon Bye

DeAndre Hopkins Bye

I'm not even given advice on this one. I'm in a similar situation on starting Beckham or Martavis Bryant. And I'm also likely to drop McKinnon soon.

Sherman scares me a lot more than the limited reps for Bryant and the Jets D, so I'll probably start Bryant.

Starting Mccown in fanduel this week, because hes super cheap. Hopefully the fact that he's sit for awhile like he did here will help him understand the offense. Evans has started to turn it on and ATL is bad against the pass, so McCown SHOULD have a pretty good game.

Not to bad of a day for his price, hope your other guys showed up too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

10 team PPR league

Current lineup:

QB Brady @ NYJ

RB Forte vs DET

RB McCoy @WAS

WR Nelson @ TB

WR Beckham @ STL

TE Olsen vs CLE

Flex Hopkins vs BAL

K Prater @ CHI

Def Bills @ Oak

Bench

QB STafford @ CHI

RB Forsett @ HOU

WR H. Douglass @ NO

WR Landry vs MIN

WR M. Wallace vs MIN

Def Packers.

While it's be hard to bench Forte or McCoy… I have to admit they both make me nervous. Forte has been underused lately and the offense has been awful. McCoy has struggled much of the year last week 3 TD's got vultured. Do you trust either or both of these guys? I could replace one with Forsett, and drop a D and pick up Asiata, Vareen, or someone else. Also looking iffy for hopkins. If J. Jones misses Douglass could be a good play but so could either of my Dolphins WR's Landry and Wallace

The team I'm up against

QB Luck @DAL

RB Lynch @AZ

RB Le'Veon Bell vs KC

WR D. Jackson vs PHI

WR Maclin @ WAS

TE Kelcie @PIT

Flex S. Watkins @OAK

K Crosby @ TB

Def Rams vs NYG