Favorite memory vs. Jax

CrackerDog

In 2001 I was at the game the Bears clinched the division by beating Jax. It was damn cold in early January in Soldier Field. Anyway, in the second half of the game Keith Traylor, a big defensive lineman, intercepted a Mark Brunnell pass and took it almost to the house. It may have been the best use of RUMBLIN' STUMBLIN' BUMBLIN' in ESPN's history. I recall it as knowing at that moment the game was over but I know Jax had some time after that and just didn't do anything. Jauron was the head coach and I thought we had something good building. The win that day combined with a Packers loss gave us the division, a bye and home field against what ended up being the Eagles. We lost that game pretty badly, IIRC.

One of my favorite moments that day, besides Traylor's runback, was looking up at the scoreboard and seeing that Green Bay had lost and the division was ours.

In 2001 I was at the game the Bears clinched the division by beating Jax. It was damn cold in early January in Soldier Field. Anyway, in the second half of the game Keith Traylor, a big defensive lineman, intercepted a Mark Brunnell pass and took it almost to the house. It may have been the best use of RUMBLIN' STUMBLIN' BUMBLIN' in ESPN's history. I recall it as knowing at that moment the game was over but I know Jax had some time after that and just didn't do anything. Jauron was the head coach and I thought we had something good building. The win that day combined with a Packers loss gave us the division, a bye and home field against what ended up being the Eagles. We lost that game pretty badly, IIRC.

One of my favorite moments that day, besides Traylor's runback, was looking up at the scoreboard and seeing that Green Bay had lost and the division was ours.

I was there. The best part was Joniak's call - rumblin', bumblin', stumblin'. Great stuff.

Peace :dabears