Dolphins at Bears Game Thread

adam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A loss probably eliminates us from playoff competition. We are going to lose to New England and GB the next couple of weeks giving us 6 losses.

Absolutely, unless we go 8-1 in our last 9, which with this team, we will be lucky to go 8-8.

It's going to be chaos in Chicago in 3 weeks. If this team finishes 5-11 or worse, Emery may have no choice but to fire Trestman. I don't know if they are going to be that bad, but 3 losses in a row with no playoff hopes could do some damage, psychologically, to the team, and they might just give up.

Everyone was saying Trestman is going to get a 3rd year, but we have regressed on offense to the point that all we really do is check down to Forte.

Everyone was saying Trestman is going to get a 3rd year, but we have regressed on offense to the point that all we really do is check down to Forte.

Trestman is not a head coach at the NFL level. That much is clear now. He's an OC. Doesn't have the knowledge or wherewithal to run a team in all phases.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a monumental collapse from this team to get him fired, IMO. I'm not sure even a 5-11 year would do it. Might have to lose all but 1 more game this year.

Knowing the Bears, they'll win 1 or 2 games at the end of the year to worsen their draft position, so instead of picking #5, they'll be like #12 or #13.

Trestman is not a head coach at the NFL level. That much is clear now. He's an OC. Doesn't have the knowledge or wherewithal to run a team in all phases.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a monumental collapse from this team to get him fired, IMO. I'm not sure even a 5-11 year would do it. Might have to lose all but 1 more game this year.

I agree about him not being a Head Coach, that is becoming clearer everyday. However, if we go 5-11 or 6-10 and are last in the division? We've regressed on all phases even though the talent is there.

I agree about him not being a Head Coach, that is becoming clearer everyday. However, if we go 5-11 or 6-10 and are last in the division? We've regressed on all phases even though the talent is there.

IMO, Emery is too stubborn to admit a mistake that quickly. Also, you have to keep in mind that a new coach means a new quarterback. Jay Cutler is all but guaranteed to be in Chicago for at least another year, and there's no way any HC wants to inherit him as the starter.

Only way I could see it happening is if Emery decides to draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round and you end up with a Russel Wilson/Matt Flyn scenario where the young guy wins the competition in camp and you'll just have Cutler ride bench and collect checks all year before being cut or traded the following season.