Watching Countdown...

Mongo3451

Watching Countdown, Tom Jackson and Ditka endorsed Trestman. Ditka stated, "Can't win with Cutler". Not new news, but damn...

I agree, you can't win with Cutler. I also really liked Trestman.

There's only 2 reasons I want him gone. It will possibly lead to Emery gone. Emery so far has looked bad at his player evaluation, coaching evaluation.

The other reason comes from the last few weeks. That's a locker room divided. Gould's willingness to be open with how he felt showed that. There's no coming back from that for Trestman. A change needs made to bring the team back together.

I agree, you can't win with Cutler. I also really liked Trestman.

There's only 2 reasons I want him gone. It will possibly lead to Emery gone. Emery so far has looked bad at his player evaluation, coaching evaluation.

The other reason comes from the last few weeks. That's a locker room divided. Gould's willingness to be open with how he felt showed that. There's no coming back from that for Trestman. A change needs made to bring the team back together.

Agreed. After Cutler quit on the team the last game he played, I was done with him. Then after my conversation with my insider, I'm thinking he may be OK. But Ditka? Gotta start with my initial gut. Cutler is somehow cursed.

I am not a big Trent Dilfer fan but he was on ESPN 1000 with Waddle & Silvy a few weeks back and they had a extended conversation regarding Cutler's skill set. Dilfer basically said either Cutler just doesn't have the intelligence or is just too lazy to change. His field skills that were lacking were ones that high school QBs grasp straight away. I know I am paraphrasing quite a bit but after listening to that conversation I was more than happy to be done with Jay. As for Trestman, he has no credibility whatsoever in the locker room and now never will. His permissive attitude killed this team. Emery saddled him with shit coaches and a number of failures (Shea). Let all these heads roll, don't let the door hit any of them in the ass.

I am not a big Trent Dilfer fan but he was on ESPN 1000 with Waddle & Silvy a few weeks back and they had a extended conversation regarding Cutler's skill set. Dilfer basically said either Cutler just doesn't have the intelligence or is just too lazy to change. His field skills that were lacking were ones that high school QBs grasp straight away. I know I am paraphrasing quite a bit but after listening to that conversation I was more than happy to be done with Jay. As for Trestman, he has no credibility whatsoever in the locker room and now never will. His permissive attitude killed this team. Emery saddled him with shit coaches and a number of failures (Shea). Let all these heads roll, don't let the door hit any of them in the ass.

I was listening to the Score one day a while back, and they were talking about Cutler. Normally, I don't agree with their opinions on most things, but one mentioned something a Scout once told him.

When a QB is the main focus on a non-talented team in highschool and college, they tend to pick up a lot of bad habits and mechanics. They tried to avoid QB's like that in the draft, because it's hard to break the habits for so long.

I wouldn't say Cutler isn't intelligent enough or lazy. He's been how he's been playing for 15 years or more. It's just something too hard to change. I think he's trying. Trestman and other's said it looks good in practice, it just doesn't carry over to the field.

I hear you; I wish I could find the interview as I know I am not doing Dilfer justice, but what he had to say just cemented my desire to see Cutler gone. It was pretty damning stuff. I know Jim Miller has been on top of this as well.

I was listening to the Score one day a while back, and they were talking about Cutler. Normally, I don't agree with their opinions on most things, but one mentioned something a Scout once told him.

When a QB is the main focus on a non-talented team in highschool and college, they tend to pick up a lot of bad habits and mechanics. They tried to avoid QB's like that in the draft, because it's hard to break the habits for so long.

I wouldn't say Cutler isn't intelligent enough or lazy. He's been how he's been playing for 15 years or more. It's just something too hard to change. I think he's trying. Trestman and other's said it looks good in practice, it just doesn't carry over to the field.

Yeah it was a piece written by Lawrence Holmes. I brought it up the day it came out because it made a lot of sense.

I liked Johnny Manziel coming out of college, but this theory applies to him now, too, as a guy who had to do everything for his team. We'll see if he suffers from some of the same problems as Jay. So far he's been downright awful.

but this theory applies to him now, too, as a guy who had to do everything for his team. We'll see if he suffers from some of the same problems as Jay. So far he's been downright awful.

Which warms my heart cause I can't stand "Johnny Football" and all the hype for a guy who's really not that good.

Watching Countdown, Tom Jackson and Ditka endorsed Trestman. Ditka stated, "Can't win with Cutler". Not new news, but damn...

I loved Ditka when he was here,but he has turned into a bubbling idiot. He supported Ray Rice, Peterson, and says some of the stupidous comments in football today.