Lance Briggs on Carmen and Jurko

BearFan2000

Just now getting to listen to some of these inteviews like Pace on ESPN 1000, and the Score.

Listening to Briggs was interesting, and gave some insight into the issues that plagued the Bears under Tresman and Emery.

Firstly saw no future with team if Trestman and Emery were still there. That there were things that Trestman did that made the players scratch their heads, like having to fight for team captains, vs what Trestman wanted a rotating captain system. Lack of discipline, back biting, distractions, lack of focus on football especially the timing of certain distractions. Lack of control did sound like the inmates were running the asylum. Many things we sensed that were going on but was interesting to hear his insight and just how toxic things were getting in the past issues were dealt with in the locker room through the chain of command not dealt with in social media or in the press.. Sounds like the vets like him and Peanut were pushed to he side. Makes a lot of sense it would be hard to function and focus on football and winning football games when you have to constantly deal with distractions and non-football issues. I admit in the beginning Trestman came off well and it all sounded good but reality was it was a bunch of psycobabble, let's all get along and be nice (He had been in Canada for the last several years lol). A lot of the crap he peddles sounds good, and people eat it up but when the rubber meets the road it doesn't work.

The dysfunction was pretty rampant, but Briggs didn't really help the cause either. What is crazy is Emery and Trestman are probably still with the Bears if Urlacher/Peppers/Hester were not let go. I say this because Urlacher was the team leader and Peppers and Hester were at least team players. The team lost a lot of leadership and identity when Urlacher left. In the end, it actually works out for us because Pace+new HC are already better than Emery+Trestman. Especially for long term success.

The dysfunction was pretty rampant, but Briggs didn't really help the cause either. What is crazy is Emery and Trestman are probably still with the Bears if Urlacher/Peppers/Hester were not let go. I say this because Urlacher was the team leader and Peppers and Hester were at least team players. The team lost a lot of leadership and identity when Urlacher left. In the end, it actually works out for us because Pace+new HC are already better than Emery+Trestman. Especially for long term success.

i agree. Once Url left there was zero leadership on that team. Screw Briggs, he should of stepped up after Url left but he didn't. no respect for him.

I say F Briggs. Trestman sure as hell got it all to work in Canada. What's the difference? Maybe he had leaders in Canada? Maybe he had team players in Canada? You're less likely to get a bunch of boat-rockers when the majority of the roster knows they're probably out of football for good if they blow their chance. Not so in the NFL.

Losing Urlacher gutted this team. I said it would happen when he was let go. But I thought someone would step up a little.

It's less likely that Trestman's system of dealing with a team is flawed, and more likely that the personnel is flawed. Based on how bad the team sucked, I'm even more convinced of it.

Here's to hoping true new staff can find some leaders.