Shocker: Cutler anonymously dissed by ex-coaches/players

madlithuanian

Possible, but I'm not sure a guy would risk his writing career over comments about Cutler that seem like old news...

This writer isn't a blog runner trying to get a job. He's already paid by ESPN.

I dont find anything in the article really new or different, but I doubt he's making it up or emelishing much. Every story has a lean toward a certain point or bias no matter what. This one is no different. We see this happen in the realm of politics all the time. As much as we want to poo poo the quality level of his former coaches...sadly we don't have many others to talk to. Other than his time in Denver...and possibly Martz. Most are loacking.

DOn't get me wrong Pix, I don't make much of this. But, I just don't see the writer making things up or sources revealing themnselves.

And it is also very easy for a writer to take liberties and say any damn thing they want to get pub and claim it was from anonymous sources.

I'm really tired of all the player bashing going on i.e. Cutler, Marshall and Briggs all suck etc. Have the players performed up-to expectations, not a one. I love all the Bears players until the day they put on another teams jersey.

The real problems with the Bears has been a weak front office (with the exception of Cliff Stein) and coaching staff. The Bears as an organization have been out of balance for decades! Over the past 10-15 years we have had GM's and coaches with no apparent passion or leadership, and some that were completely incompetent! Other problems include having coaches that were poor game managers or flat out prideful in a bad way by not having scheme flexibility or by refusing to coach towards the collective strengths of the players on the roster. Through the past GM's roster mismanagement, the teams core talent has shifted from having very good to great Defense and Special Teams unit as a strength to a being a mediocre under performing offense while being terrible at just about everything else. Sure we had some really nice players on both side of the ball come through but overall winning was not sustainable. Changes needed to be made and this organization was long overdue for a major shakeup and for that I give George kudos.

My hope is that Pace and Fox will work together on rectifying what has been ailing this organization which goes far beyond whether or not Jay Cutler is the QB this year or next. As a fan and outsider, I don't believe any of the current players are a legitimate cancer to the team but rather see these are signs of frustration which perhaps demonstrates some of the players actually care about winning. Losing wears on a team and without great leadership the locker room will get testy. It would be nice for a coach to be able to lean on his star players and veterans when the reality is not all men have what it takes to be a good and authentic leader. Leadership must start with the Head coach who is ultimately responsible for inspiring and creating a winning culture. Hence why Trestman could not be retained.

Personally, I like Cutler and accept him for who he is, good but not great, until they day we have someone better to replace him. Remember, many experts and media folks said similar things about AJ Pierzinski, "jerk etc" but he was an integral part for the White Sox winning the World Series 10 years ago. I certainly would enjoy watching Jay play up to his potential with a good to excellent.... head coach, offensive coordinator, qb coach, defense coordinator, special teams coach, offensive line, play makers at WR, TE, and RB, and a top 10-12 defense for several years consistently. Unfortunately, this scenario has yet to happen but I think it could with Ryan Pace, John Fox, Vic Fangio and company. I'm already more confident in the new regime and hoping for a quick but sustainable turnaround.

Bear Down!

I certainly would enjoy watching Jay play up to his potential with a good to excellent.... head coach, offensive coordinator, qb coach, defense coordinator, special teams coach, offensive line, play makers at WR, TE, and RB, and a top 10-12 defense for several years consistently.

No team has had that in the salary cap era. You just asked for a good to excellent player at every position on offense and a top 12 defense for 3 years in a row, not to mention coaches in each phase, to polish a turd QB.

No team has had that in the salary cap era. You just asked for a good to excellent player at every position on offense and a top 12 defense for 3 years in a row, not to mention coaches in each phase, to polish a turd QB.

Organizationally speaking I want a relentless pursuit towards getting another championship as soon as possible.

I want and expect a competent GM and front office who hires excellent football coaches who collectively can get the most talent out of the players on the roster. Ultimately, we as fans should want a winning culture and should not settle for less.