Knighton not going to Raiders / Broncos

DABEARSDABOMB

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m1 minute ago

Terrance Knighton in holding pattern. Interest in defensive tackle is there. He's not expected to return to #Broncos.

Supposedly he wants 8-9 million a year for 4-5 seasons. Supposedly the Bears bowed out because they weren't going to give him that much. Apprantely, nobody else was going to give him that much either, so now the Bears are back in it.

Only $4mil for 1 year?

I'm SHOCKED by this. He was asking for 5 years, 8-9 million. His being out of shape apparently hurt him. This is one of those deals where the Bears never had any real intention of signing him. If we wanted him, we could have had him easily.

I'm SHOCKED by this. He was asking for 5 years, 8-9 million. His being out of shape apparently hurt him. This is one of those deals where the Bears never had any real intention of signing him. If we wanted him, we could have had him easily.

Which I am not offended by. Fox had the inside knowledge and we didn't pursue too hard. We probably offered him more and gave him a timeline so we can pursue Rolle/Royal and he held out for more.

Which I am not offended by. Fox had the inside knowledge and we didn't pursue too hard. We probably offered him more and gave him a timeline so we can pursue Rolle/Royal and he held out for more.

Maybe. But to me it makes me wonder how much we value the positiion. We probably need a nose tackle and he was the only one available. We have enough cap space to sign him and the other 3. If we wanted to make it happen, it would have easily happened.

Agreed here. Wasn't Knighton fined last year for coming to camp out of shape? If true I have to really question his motivation. He was in a contract year and playing for a team fully expected to contend for Superbowl. If that can't get you out of the kitchen and into the gym nothing can.