WWBBD?

ParkerBear7

After running several mock drafts on Fanspeaks' premium over the past several weeks I just can not help trading back for more picks. The Bears just have to many needs to only have 6 picks.

Admittedly, I don't watch college football accept for an occasional bowl game. I just don't have the time so I us this time of year to cram before the draft!

Nobody on this board has discussed the possibility of going with a CB for the second year in a row. The reason I am throwing this scenario out there is that I feel that the elite Defensive players i.e. Williams, Gregory, Fowler will be gone before the number 7 pick. If I was in Pace's shoes running my first draft I would rather take a players with a higher floor vs ceiling than to swing and miss ala one Phil Emery did on Shea McClellin.

So, I asked myself what would Bill Belichick do with the 7th overall Pick? I think Bill would strongly consider moving back several times to infuse a team that is rebuilding with is many possible picks as possible while going best High floor / low ceiling football players as he could and that is what I have done with this latest mock.

Feel free to debate the picks including what you like / dislike or would have done differently.

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=egrgsm

13 - R1P13 CB TRAE WAYNES MICHIGAN ST (top corner in the draft that would provide a great young CB tandem, across from Fuller)

44 - R2P12 RB TODD GURLEY GEORGIA (when fully healthy in 2016 could be the starter when Forte is done)

46 - R2P14 DE DANIELLE HUNTER LSU (could be better than some of the other DE/OLB drafted early in RD 1 and 2.)

78 - R3P14 S GEROD HOLLIMAN LOUISVILLE (ballhawk with good instincts but obviously needs to improve physicality and run support)

110 - R4P14 CB SENQUEZ GOLSON OLE MISS (ball hawk that could be a nice slot corner)

123 - R4P27 WR PHILLIP DORSETT MIAMI (FL) (could develop into a nice slot receiver with elite speed)

134 - R5P6 S JAQUISKI TARTT SAMFORD (Is seen as a SS initially and is physical in the box but has the agility and speed to potential for FS)

142 - R5P14 RB JAVORIUS ALLEN USC (not the first time Fox has drafted two running backs for his preference of a power running style)

143 - R5P15 DT LETERRIUS WALTON NORTHERN IOWA (could be a DT/NT/DE in the 3-4)

167 - R6P7 OLB DEION BARNES PENN STATE (scouts says he has upside but lacks experience but worth a late round flyer)

180 - R6P20 CB ERIC ROWE UTAH (has played free safety in college as well) (could not pass on Rowe's versatility in the six)

You trade down (even multiple times) if you have numerous players with comparable ratings when you are picking. If you can pick up an extra pick and still get your guy 10 picks later, you do it every time. However, if you have one guy rated above and beyond the others, you have to take him based on the value. So it will come down to who is available at every pick.

Honestly don't know what BB would do but I think, after all the FA's picks are in, we'll either target a DT or speed WR. Not sure if that means we trade back or not but those are two spots we can still help ourselves. If we don't yet get Pork Chop Pot Roast we'll probably go DT. If we do and we think we've got something on the roster for speed WR, then I could see us just going BPA.