For those bashing Shea...Fangio isn't one of them

DABEARSDABOMB

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/1024518/bears-3

Good article with a lot of quotes from Fangio. Very evident how much Fangio likes Shea. People need to get over his sucking from past schemes, he's now playing the position he was always a fit for.

“I like him,” Fangio said. “His future is bright. He’s playing good for us. Obviously, we think he’ll play even better as we move on through this season and in the future. His future is bright here as a linebacker.”

Lets also remember Fangio is not one just to say nice things about people. He's been very up front with the media on players and his rep is as a straight-shooter.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/1024518/bears-3

Good article with a lot of quotes from Fangio. Very evident how much Fangio likes Shea. People need to get over his sucking from past schemes, he's now playing the position he was always a fit for.

Lets also remember Fangio is not one just to say nice things about people. He's been very up front with the media on players and his rep is as a straight-shooter.

Being a member of the Fangio Fan Club I agree with whatever he says.....hahahaha........All kidding aside, you are right, Fangio doesn't blow smoke, if he backs Shea it means he is grading out well.

SMC hasn't played great but he hasn't played poorly. I know he struggled early on with some of his assignments but that settled down in the last few games and his coverage has improved. It was noticeable to me the moment he left the field and how disorganized our defense looked for the next few plays. What I'm waiting to see is that light go on with the play recognition and then he starts producing plays in the backfield.

SMC hasn't played great but he hasn't played poorly. I know he struggled early on with some of his assignments but that settled down in the last few games and his coverage has improved. It was noticeable to me the moment he left the field and how disorganized our defense looked for the next few plays. What I'm waiting to see is that light go on with the play recognition and then he starts producing plays in the backfield.

I think the next step is we see him just play and think less and that is when the big plays will come. PFF graded him out (through first 4 games) as the 11th best linebacker in football. I think we all have issues with PFF, but still a benchmark worth noting. I have seen quite a few just missed plays out of Shea and as he just gets more and more comfortable those are going to become big defensive plays, imo. McPhee also seems to think pretty highly of him. I really like McPhee. Not just his football skills, but his leadership skills. Those have been a huge add to this team.